“Great stay...just minor inconveniences”

Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This hotel is fairly new and very nice. Lobby is very inviting, rooms are nice and spacious and amenities are excellent.

This hotel had one of the best free breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel. Lots of choices, very good fruit and extremely friendly breakfast staff asking if everything was okay and clearing plates.

I would have given this place and "excellent" rating but there were a few MINOR things that stopped me from giving it the top ranking.

First: front desk staff. When my wife and I arrived to check in there was no one at the desk. There was no bell on the desk and no sign of any employee in the lobby. We had to stand around for awhile until someone came around and noticed us there waiting. Not a huge deal, but not a great first impression.

Also when we left I called the front desk to let them know we were checking out, as is instructed on the bill they deliver to your room overnight. When I called the front desk to let them know we'd like to check out their response was, "ummm......okay?" Kind of awkward and got the impression the employee either didn't know what was going on or thought I was stupid.

Just some minor complaints but overall a great stay for the price. I've already made reservations to stay there again in a couple months.

Room Tip: If you are an HHonors Member or make a reservation online you can check-in online the day before you...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This is a newer hotel -- we have chosen this hotel twice in one year and are very happy with our experience here, echoing the comments of other reviewers. The rooms are spacious, each with a kitchenette and a separate area that could be described as a living room and then a separate bedroom. Both stays, our rooms were very clean, everything in its right place.

Check-in and check-out is friendly, quick, with no hassles. The hotel has a business center with access to computer and printer.

Free breakfast is included - and the choices are appetizing, including some warm dishes too, such as eggs, sausage, waffles. Plus, if you prefer, cereal, rolls, fruit, toast. Nothing fancy, but a great way to fuel up before the start of the day. Seletion and quality a cut above many other places that have the breakfast buffet.

Truly a pleasant place to stay, whether on business or holiday. A great choice for your visit to the Twin Cities.

You are right off I-394 here, and literally 10 minutes from down-town (off-peak), so you don't have the extra expense and hassle of finding parking and then paying for parking downtown.

There are restaurant choices nearby: Chili's, Potbelly's and quite a few others. If you are going to do your own food, a well-stocked grocery store a short walk across the parking lot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

First off, let me start out by saying I work in the hospitality industry so I know a great hotel when I see one. I stayed at this version on the Homewood Suites by Hilton October 29th, 2011. Everything was excellent! The lobby was fresh, warm, and inviting, the staff were friendly, smiling, and full of energy, and my suite was plush and very releaxing. I've stayed in numerous "all suite hotels" through-out my travels and this is by far the cleanest, best product I've stayed in. Kudos to the excellent staff here and the "homey" atmosphere! If you are going to be in the area, make sure you check this hotel out!

Room Tip: I've stayed in a few Homewood Suites over the past couple of years and although all of the rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We often stay at Homewood Suites, and this one is exceptional. Lovely hotel, lovely room (and clean!) Marble vanities, comfortable beds, and our kitchen area was very nice as well. My only complaint would be that the pans in our room had scratched nonstick coating, that was gross. I actually use the kitchenettes in our rooms, our child has food allergies and we bring food for him. There is a very nice grocery store literally across the parking lot, quite convenient. We didn't use the pool area, didn't have time. Our room looked out over the tents for Cavalia so we had fun watching for a glimpse of the horses. The ladies at the breakfast service were so very nice, and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Hi Mamarude,

We greatly appreciate the great review and are glad you enjoyed the hotel. Thanks so much for the feedback on the pans. We hope to see you again if you return to the area.

Thanks!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I arrived here mid-week for a shopping holiday and when we arrived they had double-booked us. The manager told us they put us up in the Doubletree hotel by Hilton across the street and we weren't charged for the first night! It was great and we were treated like royalty there! I definately will stay there again and whenever I can when I come to Minneapolis! We loved the great products (Neutrogena)in the bathroom and the full kitchenette, plus microwaveable popcorn! And not to mention the fabulous breakfasts in the mornings with FRESH berries and variety each day (when in season, I know)! Thanks again Homewood Suites for being one of my favorite stays for travel!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very clean, updated rooms. This is a newer hotel. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping nearby. I stay here quite often and front desk staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011

Hi BoilerSammy,

Thanks so much for the great review! It is always our pleasure to have you stay at our hotel. We hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for a week in September for a training class I was attending nearby. The hotel is located in a great location just outside of Minneapolis, but with all the things you need nearby - grocery store, restaurants, movie theater, shops. All of these are within walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel itself is very well taken care of and the staff consistently goes out of their way to take care of the people staying there. The complimentary breakfast is perfect and the complimentary dinner/drinks on weekdays is definitely above what you would typically expect. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Hi Matt_Barker,

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#5 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis We...
#3 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis/Downtown

Been to Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End? Share your experiences!