“Wonderful Hotel; Great Location”

Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Chania Prefecture, Greece
“Wonderful Hotel; Great Location”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for a week in September for a training class I was attending nearby. The hotel is located in a great location just outside of Minneapolis, but with all the things you need nearby - grocery store, restaurants, movie theater, shops. All of these are within walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel itself is very well taken care of and the staff consistently goes out of their way to take care of the people staying there. The complimentary breakfast is perfect and the complimentary dinner/drinks on weekdays is definitely above what you would typically expect. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Hi Matt_Barker,

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels!

Heather Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Iowa
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Great location, just a short drive to all the major sites. Newer hotel that is very well kept. Clean room, well supplied. My wife and I had a great time here. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear CycloneIowa,

Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay at our Homewood Suites hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed on our rewards points and was a great value. Suites were a little smaller than the usual Homewood Suites, but very nice. Hotel was located in a shopping area which was a plus!!! Staff was excellent!! Mall of America was around 20 minutes away, but traffic held us up, so avoid rush hour times. Nice breakfast buffet also. Cleaning staff were on duty around the hotel even polishing the elevators! Very clean!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Hi RKTRAVELERS5070,

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate the kind comments and feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, breakfast and friendly staff. Hope to see you again if you return to the area.

Thanks!

Homewood, IL
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is perfect for anyone who wants to be close to Minneapolis, but does not want to pay city prices. It's a five minute ride on the expressway from the hotel to downtown. Hotel Pros: Clean rooms, Full kitchens, Separate sleeping and living rooms, Free parking, 24hr Fitness room, Free business center, Walking distance from a big grocery store, shops, a movie theatre and several very nice restaurants. Hotel Cons: None that we came across!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a new hotel all-suites hotel in excellent condition. The suites are well appointed with kitchens, a dining/work area, a sleep sofa in the living area and a comfortably sized bedroom, bath and vanity area. A free breakfast is included in the room rate and on Mondays through Thursdays dinner as well. It is located in a new shopping plaza with several nice restaurants and bars. For the most part the staff were helpful and friendly. The one glitch in my stay was several problems regarding the room rate. A friend had reserved a block of rooms at a reduced rate for a group of family and friends who were coming from out of town for a special occassion. I was scheduled to arrive the night before the block of dates, but was told by a person at the hotel that I would be granted to lower rate for that night as well. instead, my email confirmation indicated a rate $20 higher for the first night. When I called back he assured me this was due to a computer glitch and that I would in fact be charged the lower rate. When I checked in, I was listed at the higher rate. The front desk person offered to lower the first night rate by $10 but not the full $20. When I checked out, the rate for the remaining nights was $10 a night higher than it was supposed to be. My friend decided to call the hotel and found that many in our party had been charged the standard rate, not the negotiated group rate. She was miffed that she had to spend quite a bit of time on the phone in the midst of her special event straightening this out and did not even receive an apology from the staff member she spoke with. I can't say that I blame her.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
hcrompton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I want to apologize that your friend did not receive an apology from our staff while working out the situation with rates for the group. We always strive to work hard to ensure our guests have a top notch experience, both in our service and the value they receive. I am disappointed your friend didn’t receive the empathy I would expect from our staff in working through the situation. I will share your comments with our team. I appreciate you letting us know.
Cincinnati
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Really nice property - feels like it's new. Room was spacious, clean, comfortable, quiet, and had all the comforts of home! Free internet, free coffee, evening reception where food and beverages were actually good, great bfast, and the staff was warm, welcoming and friendly. Grocery, movie theater, restaurants right next door. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Not a five because one pillow case was stained, shower floor creaked very loud, and batteries in remote for TV were dead.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
hcrompton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I will definitely share these comments with our entire staff. We are always striving to exceed all of our customers expectations,so your feedback is very helpful for us - thank you!
It is great to hear you enjoyed our rooms and all of the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you back again in the near future. Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites at West End and the staff makes you feel like you are family from the moment you get there. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and no one even comes close to compare to this Homewood. The free breakfast, internet, and nightly reception practically pay for the stay. I remember checking in and asking Scott & Michael for information about the area, they were exellent help and made a great team! I will stay at the Homewood Suites every chance I get from now on.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#5 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Springhill Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
Springhill Suites Minneapolis We...
#4 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)

Been to Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End? Share your experiences!