TripAdvisor
Saint Louis Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews rooftop bar valet parking european style small lot west end business traveler water bottles great visit food service great hotel king room coffee maker nice stay business trip front desk staff hotel is located grocery store
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2019

We recently stayed a few days at the AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis West End. We enjoyed the hotel as the lobby was spacious, the bedroom comfortable, the workout room adequate, the rooftop bar nice, and the location ideal for our situation. We enjoyed the breakfast and the service but feel the variety could be improved. The lobby bar had limited hours. New constriction is going on next to the hotel (new apartment) and the noise started very early (likely most noticeable for odd numbered rooms facing the new construction). Although we thoroughly enjoy music and a lively environment, the music played in the elevator and the lobby at times was annoying (no major artists just noise). The front desk was receptive and accommodating but not overly friendly. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will likely return when in the area.

Room tip: Sixth floor is the location of the rooftop bar and fitness room. Odd numbered rooms face noise and construction of new apartments.
Date of stay: August 2019
Haley H, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis West End, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent travels! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on property with us. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities our hotel has to offer, especially out rooftop bar! Reveal rooftop bar is the best spot in the area to unwind after a busy day and relax with craft cocktails and small plates. I am sorry about the music being too loud in the elevators and lobby as well as the construction next door. If you have any questions or comments regarding your stay, please feel free to reach out at 763.545.0000 and I would be happy to hear any additional feedback! We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to the area! Thanks again!

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Another great stay! This is my second time at this location, and everything was fantastic as usual. The staff was very accommodating, and had a great end of the Evening at REVEAL Rooftop Bar! Adam always makes the best drinks! Thanks for another wonderful stay!

Date of stay: August 2019
Haley H, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis West End, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Wow thank you for writing such a positive review! We are delighted to hear that your enjoyed another great stay at our property. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of Reveal rooftop bar and all of the wonderful drinks that Adam puts together. We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed August 15, 2019

I held my sister's wedding shower here and it was off the charts wonderful. I'm located in Boston and planning a shower 2 thousand miles away was no small feat. Holly (GM) worked with me every step of the way, responded quickly to all of my questions and concerns, and checked back to make sure we were still on target. The staff were magnificent - Allison and Fatu were so helpful and made sure everything in the room looked perfect and they helped us on the fly to find beverage coolers and figure out how to hang a sign. The cabana at REVEAL for the after party was gorgeous and the staff at the bar were so fun. Not to mention the hotel itself is stunning and the extra amenities are so thoughtfully planned - when's the last time you were offered a pouch of lavender to help you fall asleep? Or had freshly shaved prosciutto for breakfast? So. Good. I highly recommend the AC - this is an exceptional hotel with an exceptional staff, and I cannot wait to come back and stay again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Haley H, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis West End, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that we were able to assist you in hosting your bridal shower to make it as low-stress as possible. We are also happy that you were able to relax after the day was done on our rooftop bar and enjoy a craft cocktail. The AC Hotel was designed around creating a unique experience that you normally wouldn't get at other hotels, and the simple offerings of lavender sachets or our European-inspired breakfast buffet do just that! Thank you again for staying and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed August 15, 2019

I am lifetime titanium, which means I have stayed more than 1000 nights at Marriott. I have been on the road for 25 years and NEVER seen anything like this. We were given a room on the sixth floor and right next to the bar. The bar closed at midnight, but the patrons hung around after the bar closed. Due to the noise, we could not sleep. I went downstairs to tell the hotel manager, who did not want to go to the rooftop bar, ask the patrons to leave. He offered me points (which are not of much value) and discounts (does not help with getting better sleep). As either option was not helpful, I was asked to deal with it, and he walked away. When I went back down again, the manager would not come out. I had to progressively intensify my approach to get his attention - knocking, yelling and then eventually kicking the door. When he did come out, he accused of complaining two nights in a row, when I had checked in hours before. The very fact they received complaints two days in a row (even someone not me) should be sufficient to say the noise bothers multiple guests. The manager threatened to call the police, which would be interesting. I am glad I recorded the interaction. Marriott, #hiresmart.

Room tip: Avoid rooms next and below the rooftop bar.
Date of stay: August 2019
Haley H, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis West End, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am sorry that that noise from our rooftop disrupted your sleep. Making sure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay on our property is our top priority, and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations on your first night with us. We hope that we resolved the issue by reaching out and conversing with you. We will make sure to address this with the team to ensure that we can continue to create positive experiences during the duration of our guests' stays.
Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have any more comments or concerns to share, we would be happy to talk!

Reviewed August 14, 2019

It was fabulous!! The staff and accommodations were outstanding and the REVEAL rooftop bar was so much fun. I'd like to recognize and thank several staff members who are exceptional: Holly Rath, GM, was so open to our ideas and helped plan to event perfectly. William Linstrom, Michele Nathy, Fatou Jaith, Kelsea Lien, Ashley Scherber, and others managed the front desk and helped coordinate all the last minute changes that made everyone feel at home and taken care of. Their graciousness was just wonderful. Holly has developed an outstanding and dedicated staff and they are fun! Thank you again for a wonderful experience and I can't wait to visit the AC again.

Date of stay: August 2019

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are happy to hear that we were able to deliver an exceptional experience for you daughter's wedding shower. Delivering high levels of guest service is something we always strive for, and we are happy to have done that. We look forward to hosting any future gatherings of yours, thanks again!