“Anniversary at Bello”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband & I were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary. From the minute we walked into the door to the time we left we had a WONDERFUL time. We were seated and the hostess asked if we were celebrating anything, we said yes. Our waitress brought us drinks- I had asked for a suggestion. I had a wonderful martini- something I've never had. Sips of one but that was it.

We had a tough time deciding what to get we ordered crab cakes. I'm allergic to pineapple, so the cook put the pineapple salsa on the side so my husband could have it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

The waitress gave us ideas- since we asked- she gave us great advice. The meal came out very quickly. EXCELLENT flavor portions were great- we both brought some home for lunch the next day.

Desert was great! We shared an awesome turtle brownie. Our waitress was sorry it took so long- It wasn't that long and we were not in a rush. It was a a busy night- not packed- it was a Thursday evening so that may have mattered a bit. Everyone there treated us great. We were happy with the food. I've recommended it to my friends. My husband told the waitress, we will be back. And if he doesn't like the service or food he won't say that.
That was our experience at Bello Cucina

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Good service decent food. I realize that not everyone gets great service. I would try it first then make your own mind up. We had terrible service at one of the better restaurants in St. Cloud a while back, waited a few months and went back and it was fine. We are dealing with college kids for the most part. You get what you pay for, better personnel and then the food prices are higher. Try this place the food was fine, lets face it Central Minnesota is not a hot bed of great Italian food but this was very good as far as we are concerned, I would prefer to go back to Venice, but St. Joe's is OK!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have never done a review before, but after what just happened at Bello Cucina, I want to warn people to stay away. My wife and I actually have ate at Bello Cucina two times before this final visit we made today. And although I must say the food is very good it is the service that has always seemed very poor. Today, they crossed the line. Our waitress had a rather nasty scowl on her first from the moment we were sat down. The place was not full, and it was lunch time. After we were sat it took 10 minutes before she took our drink order, and then another 15 minutes to get the drinks (fountain pop and iced tea). She would not give us an extra minute to order our food, and believe me we were ready after 25 minutes of waiting. She basically ran away. Another 10 minutes later she returned with the scowl. As people at our table ask her questions about menu items she seemed agitated. I then ordered my cal zone, and asked how long it would take she said 30 minutes. Doing some math I determined that we would have already been there over an hour before we even got our food, there is no way this place can expect people to spend 1.5 to 2 hours for a lunch. So I told her we needed something faster than that, I ordered a burger. And now she was really starting to get the scowl, in fact she rolled her eyes. Well, the food took 30 minutes anyways so I probably should have stuck with the cal zone. Once we got the food, they brought me a chicken salad sandwich. When I said I didn’t want it I was met with another angry eye roll. We had brought my sister along, who is from out of town, she became disgusted at this point and asked to see the manager. She came over to the table, and as we attempted to explain things to her, then the angry waitress came back, asked what our problem was and my sister looked at the manger for some assistance with the situation and low and behold she was walking away, my sister said to her mama, mama she turned with a sigh and eye roll and said what now…I have traveled the county dining in more places I can keep track of, this was unreal I though John Quinones was going to come out and welcome us on to an episode of What Would You Do…no such luck. I do not recommend any one EVER go to this place, ever.

4  Thank Angie D
Reviewed May 21, 2013

As locals, we really wanted this restaurant to succeed. After several visits of merely acceptable quality of food and service, our visit last night will be our last.

Being seated in a reasonable amount of time, after we placed our order, it was clear that something was not going to be quite right with the service. Even though we saw her waiting on other tables, and delivering their food prior to ours, our server did not check on us until she right before she delivered our food, saying "Yours is coming." No apology, explanation, nothing.

When she dropped the food on the table, she said nothing, and disappeared again, except to collect money from other diners. Had she stopped by we would have let her know the food was unacceptable. The meals had been left to cool in the kitchen apparently: the entrées had been reheated--the pork tenderloin to the point the interior was tough as leather and the exterior burnt--and the side dishes were not even lukewarm.

When someone other than our server asked how the meal was, likely ten minutes after it had been served, I said it was unacceptable, she made the motions to remove my plate. No apology, just reached for my plate. (I did not allow her to take the plate. I can only imagine the quality of the replacement meal.)

Our server did not come to our table when she found out we were dissatisfied; she ignored us. When our server came with the bill, she did not apologize. She mumbled something about having a lot of tickets to print out. She did say she "comped" my wife's glass of wine. This hardly makes up for a ruined meal.

This restaurant has serious problems. Both from a service point of view and from a quality of food point of view.

It's a shame, really. It is a nice location, and we hoped a bright spot in the little town.

2  Thank TravelsQuiteOften
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We ordered a app and 2 entrees and we did not like anything we ate! The salad I ordered tasted worse then something I would make at home with old lettuce, really nothing to it, I believe it was suppose to have salmon on it but I maybe got 4 tiney bites of it, very disappointed as my husband