“Great setting, so so food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bello Cucina
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cold Spring, MN
“Great setting, so so food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The title says it all--a sense of pre-prepared food; shortcuts like not cooking the pasta before creating a dish like cannelloni. 'Too bad--great location and design--I hope they get better.

Visited December 2012

Marinette, Wisconsin
“Bad attitude with a side of terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was so happy that what I thought was a nice restaurant had come to St Joe, my daughter goes to the local college and there really isn’t anything much in the area. Our first visit will be our last. It started when we were made to feel less than adequate due to lack of a reservation; the service was sluggish at best, almost an hour from order time to service, normally I wouldn’t have stayed but we were visiting with our daughter. When I questioned the waitress about our dinner my question was met with a lot of attitude.
The food was ok, atmosphere adequate, attitude- far too much for my palate, never again.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Vach
Avon
“Poor Service from the Hostess”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family was meeting at the restraunt, there were five of us. My Dad was the first to arrive, he told the hostess he was waiting for his family and would like to wait in the dining room. The hostess informed him that they do not do that, my Dad asked if they could make an exception and allow it. The hostess advised she would check with the manager. She came back and advised that he COULD NOT wait in the dining room for his family. When we all arrived they tried to cram us in a booth with a chair on the end. Three of the five adults are 200+ lbs. she said this were we seat all of our 5 toppers. We litterally had to walk away and sit ourselves at a table. All the tables in the restraunt were empty. First of all I want to be comforatable when I'm out to eat, and never has my Dad been turned away when he requested to wait in the didning for the rest of his party. Needless to say we will not go back for this reason.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Teresa530
St. Joseph
“Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I took my husband out for what was supposed to be an all you can eat crab dinner for his birthday. Despite this being their Monday dinner special and with only about 5 tables full of guests, they were out of crab before we even sat down at 6pm. It would have been nice if the host had told us this as we walked in the door, but she was too busy snapping a server about not asking for time off. At least 6 more tables were seated after us, and having been seated right next to the door - we were able to hear that she did not inform anyone else either.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Heather M
Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, not so great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I went on a Friday night - there was an expected wait, so we sat at a table in the bar. We waited between 5-10 minutes before deciding to go up to the bar to get our own drinks since no one came to greet us. After a short wait the hostess came to seat us. We didn't get greeted by our server for at least 10 minutes. We already had drinks from the bar, so I asked for a water. I had to ask for it two more times. The server was very knowledgable about the menu, but that was about the best I can say about her. We weren't asked how our food was, and everything seemed to take a long time (dishes to be cleared, appetizers to come, etc.) I've heard from several other people that they've had bad service as well.
Also, the food was good, but if you want a salad or even a breadstick, there is an additional charge.

• Visited September 2012