“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint James
Mankato, Minnesota
“Nice”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Nice friendly service. Golf course close for a daytime activity and the hot tub at night was very relaxing. Rooms were very clean. Great location. Would reccomend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint James, Minnesota
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times while travelling on business. The experience starts at the front desk where everyone has always been friendly and courteous. Every room I've been in has been clean and comfortable. I like the small thoughtful ammenities offered such as the occasional cookie.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Saint James, Minnesota
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Kids enjoyed swimming and arcade games. The room was clean and well kept as was the entire facility. The front desk rep was friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast offered many different options to pick from. The kids especially enjoyed the waffles. We will definitely return for a future stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
LaSalle, MN
Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I were stranded in town six times this winter because of storms. We stayed at the Super 8 in St. James and every stay was comfortable and enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. One time we were stranded with no toiletries or extra clothes and they provided us with the essentials (toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) and we were able to wash our clothes right there in the guest laundry. They have a nice pool and continental breakfast. The rooms are clean and there is plenty of room to move around. The beds are comfortable and provide a nice night's sleep. I work in a restaurant and have recommended this hotel to many people. I have always received positive feedback from anyone who says they have stayed there. Thanks again, Super 8 staff, for being there when we needed you!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank topbanana1
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I've never written a review of a hotel, because, until this point, I've never felt my experiences were anything anyone else would care to read about. This is not the first time I've stayed in this particular hotel, but it will surely be the last. I woke up at 3:00am to find a cockroach in my bed! To say my heart stopped would be an understatement. I did manage to capture this bug and bring it to the front desk where they promptly thanked me (not the response I was looking for) for bringing it to them so the exterminator could identify the type of bug it was. Upon returning to my room, I found another cockroach crawling out of the drain in my bathroom sink and yet another one on the microwave. I have NEVER wanted to leave some place so badly in my entire life. I will NEVER stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ForSightls
SuperEightTraveler, Manager at Super 8 St. James, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
There has never been an issue with cockroaches at this establishment. The bugs mentioned in this review were common boxelder bugs. Box elder bugs are a seasonal bug in southern Minnesota and they are harmless. At the time of this review, they were out in full force and some had entered the guest rooms through open doors and windows. We did have a pest control company come out right away to help us identify the bugs and eliminate the issue. They were in fact identified as Box elder bugs. Adult box elder bugs are flat-backed, elongate, narrow, about 1/2 inch long, 1/3 inch wide and dark brownish-black with three lengthwise red stripes on the pronotum (area behind the head).
We have the pest control company come monthly to do prevenative service sprays. We have NEVER had cockroaches at our property. We have a very clean hotel.
florida
Reviewed August 6, 2009

While visiting St. James for a wedding, the options for hotel stay are pretty small. We were very pleasantly surprised with the Super 8!! It was super clean, and the room we stayed in was great. We stayed in a 2-room suite and it was perfect for our little family. The staff was so nice and they offered a nice free breakfast. There is also an indoor pool which we were able to take advantage of. It is within walking distance from a Happy Chef restaurant, Pizza Hut and a gas station/convenience store. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Lakota, Iowa
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Each year for the Presidents day weekend, my family along with siblings & their families, & our mother stay at this Hotel. Great place. Welcome feel as you walk into the lobby, & Clean, Clean rooms. They smell clean, look clean. Well kept hotel. All the staff , they are very helpful & pleasant.
We use the pool area, there is a sitting room with a T.V., games & tables. We can sit in that area & visit while watching our kids play in the pool.
Pizza hut in same parking lot makes it real convenient. Lots of shops along the streets, as well as grocery stores, Pamida, & mom & pop restaurant that has home down cooking. Very nice area.
I have been to other Super 8's, none of them compare to this one. It's too bad they all don't have the same standard of cleanliness as this one does. I definately recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint James
Best Western Plus New Ulm
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madelia
Super 8 Fairmont
Super 8 Fairmont
#2 of 4 in Fairmont
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm

Been to Super 8 St. James? Share your experiences!