“Great dog friendly to stop with excellent staff”

Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a quick one night stop on our wayvfrom Chicago to montana, but an excellent for just that one night. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was the difference. Helpful, professional, and sweet. Breakfast attendant was great! She helped me take food back to the room. Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am so very proud that the staff made the difference! This is the "standard of service" we strive for on a daily basis. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few days and the price per night for a two bedroom suite and kitchenette was awesome. Indoor pool was convent and had a nice gathering place to relax. Staff was very friendly. Only issue was the laundry facility.

• Stayed: May 2013
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I would like to hear more about the laundry facilities in order to improve our services. Please call the hotel directly if you would like to share your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We did not have a reservation coming from Chicago with our newborn and two year old, arriving at 11:30 pm. A very friendly night desk attendant provided us an incredibly reasonable rate for their two bedroom suite. If you've ever travelled with small children you know that having them in separate rooms helps everyone sleep better! There was a living room and two separate bedrooms (king and a double in the other) with a shared bathroom. Great blackout curtains. The next morning we enjoyed complimentary full breakfast with assistance from Vanessa who helped us at our table. I was also able to nurse my son in the lounge living room where I overheard the manager speaking to her staff about cleaning and fixing things in rooms - you could hear that it was a priority to get it done and the staff all seemed to like working there. So this seemed like a well-run hotel. Thanks and I do recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you so much for you kind words! I remember your daughter, she was protective over her baby brother, she is a doll!! Vanessa loves kids and enjoys her job. I will pass along your words to her.

Look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent one night here passing through town. Didn't have high expectations for a hotel located right off an Interstate exit with little more then a couple truck stops and fast food joints but overall it was OK.

This is a 4 story property with 2 elevators, I got the impression it was a somewhat busy, high traffic hotel. As other reviewers have mentioned the front desk folks aren't all that friendly, not that they were rude, just indifferent I suppose. Your basically treated just as you would if you were ordering something from McDonalds.

As a Priority Club Platinum member I did get a room upgrade and a bag of chip so that was nice though.

The room itself was a little dated, much of the furniture was beat up. The bed/mattress was not comfortable or plush at all, instead it was firm and springy, both myself and my spouse woke up in the AM with stiff backs. My room was a king suite which had a microwave and fridge. Room also had 2 large LCD TV's and a decent selection of TV channels.

Wireless internet was poor, speed test only showed about 600K download which is pretty lousy.

Cleanliness was quite good, however, they do go a bit overboard with the orange smelling air freshener.

All in all this is a decent hotel, it's fine for passing through but nothing to get excited about.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I am so sorry you felt like a "McDonalds" customer. You should be treated like a valuable guest that you are. I will be talking with the staff to ensure this type of service is not acceptable. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. We are going to stay there at anytime we have to be in the metro area. It is a clean, friendly and affordable place to stay. We had our children with us on the first visit and they made great use of the pool area and ping pong table. I am not a frequent guest in any hotel so probably do not have as much experience as people who travel a lot, but I do know good service when I get it.
I left my cell phone charger at home and they had on I could use...above and beyond.
5 Stars for this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service was decent, no issues with check-in but the employee working seemed to a have a "I don's want to be here" attitude.The rooms were quite nice and very spacious. The bathroom was very clean along with the rest of the room and the pillows were very comfortable, maybe a bit to soft for some stayers. The breakfast bar was top of the line! Everything you can imagine was available and it was all fresh and attended by an employee.. amazing! I would recommend for people to stop here for a nice stay, it is a 5 minute drive to the interstate, so it is great access!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Stephanie M,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am so sorry you recieved less the adequate service at check-in. This is certainly not the attitude we want portrayed. However, I was very pleased that you found our hotel nice, clean and had an "amazing" breakfast bar. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for a youth basketball tournament, and despite what I imagine must be a challenging environment for the staff hosting so many kids and their families, we had absolutely impeccable service. From housekeeping to the front desk to the manager, they took great care of us and did it with a genuine smile every time we asked for their help (another pillow, directions to the high school, more towels, etc). The room was very clean and quiet, the pool was great, breakfast was delicious with lots of variety, and the bed was very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

BBMom120 ~ You are absolutely correct in saying it is a challenging environment during tournament weekends. I am so excited to hear that the staff gave "absolutely impeccable service" while maintaining a "genuine smile".

We sincerely appreciate the fantastic review. We look forward to hosting your team again next year!