“Great place and people!”

Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. We are going to stay there at anytime we have to be in the metro area. It is a clean, friendly and affordable place to stay. We had our children with us on the first visit and they made great use of the pool area and ping pong table. I am not a frequent guest in any hotel so probably do not have as much experience as people who travel a lot, but I do know good service when I get it.
I left my cell phone charger at home and they had on I could use...above and beyond.
5 Stars for this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service was decent, no issues with check-in but the employee working seemed to a have a "I don's want to be here" attitude.The rooms were quite nice and very spacious. The bathroom was very clean along with the rest of the room and the pillows were very comfortable, maybe a bit to soft for some stayers. The breakfast bar was top of the line! Everything you can imagine was available and it was all fresh and attended by an employee.. amazing! I would recommend for people to stop here for a nice stay, it is a 5 minute drive to the interstate, so it is great access!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Stephanie M,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am so sorry you recieved less the adequate service at check-in. This is certainly not the attitude we want portrayed. However, I was very pleased that you found our hotel nice, clean and had an "amazing" breakfast bar. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for a youth basketball tournament, and despite what I imagine must be a challenging environment for the staff hosting so many kids and their families, we had absolutely impeccable service. From housekeeping to the front desk to the manager, they took great care of us and did it with a genuine smile every time we asked for their help (another pillow, directions to the high school, more towels, etc). The room was very clean and quiet, the pool was great, breakfast was delicious with lots of variety, and the bed was very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

BBMom120 ~ You are absolutely correct in saying it is a challenging environment during tournament weekends. I am so excited to hear that the staff gave "absolutely impeccable service" while maintaining a "genuine smile".

We sincerely appreciate the fantastic review. We look forward to hosting your team again next year!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was surprised to see this is only rated #12 in St Cloud as I think it should be higher. We had just had a 12 hour drive and were greeted with cookies, apples, coffee and hot soup all for free!! The room was very spacious and quiet, we were at the end of the hall on the main floor. The shower was very good, great water pressure. There was a full fridge in the room with freezer but no microwave. The breakfast was the usual full HI breakfast with the exception of the cinnamon buns which were delicious!! This hotel is located very conveniently just off the interstate so would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We are happy that your stay was quiet and relaxing. The cinnamon rolls are a delicious treat in the mornings!

We look forward to having you stay with us again!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband, son and I recently stayed here. Immediately, we encountered a problem..the room that we had reserved (a suite) was not the room that we were told we would have. The lady said there was a mistake..and if we wanted to 'wait for a suite' it would be at least 2 hours (and this was at the hotel's check-in time). So after that bullcrap, we decided on just a 2-queen bed room. It looked alright..until I went into the bathroom and found someone else's hair in MY rooms hairdryer!!! Yuck!!!!
Besides that..the pool is amazing and warm!! And the morning breakfast is better than Ive ever had in a hotel!!!!
May or may not go again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

AnikaCrouch,

I am so sorry that your stay began poorly, that is not the standard of cleanliness we strive for. I would like to discuss your stay if you would be so kind as to contact the hotel. However, I was elated to see that you enjoyed our warm pools and thought our breaksfast bar was the best you have had throughout your hotel stays. We appreciate hearing the good and bad as it will only make us a better hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff at the hotel was very accomodating. The room was clean and well stocked. My daughter needed a thinner pillow because of medical condition, and a girl from housekeeping went through many pillows and found just the right one for her.
The kids loved the breakfast bar! Good assortment!
Even though the hotel allows pets, which is great. I never once saw any dogs running around or by the pool, very quite.
The only negative was the 2nd night someone threw a candy bar in the pool for a joke, not so funny because the pool was not opened again until the next morning. They probably should have checked that out right away.
All in all, I would go back. We had an enjoyable time together.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor, opposite end of the pool. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ea54b
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that my staff went above and beyond to make your daughter comfortable.

I believe the guest who thought it might be funny to place a candy bar in the pool didn't realize the ramifications of such an act. We were not thrilled about closing the pool an hour early but for the health and safety of all guests, it was neccesary to close the pool for investigation.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is very clean and tidy. The front desk and breakfast personnel were very nice and smiled. A smile goes along way. It was nice that they were interested to ask if our grandchildren had enjoyed their pool. Which we did. Very clean and a good size. I THINK THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE EVER FOUND A POOL THAT WAS WARM. It was wonderful you did not get that awful shock when you first jump in. We really appreciated the hot chocolate when we got dry. The fruit at the front desk really came in handy as a late night anack for the kids. This hotel really made our visit enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through St. Cloud with the grandkids. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Kerri Beckman