“Good location”

Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while in town for a dog show earlier this month. I also stayed here three years ago. Both times I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The hotel is dog friendly and has a designated pet exercise area outside.

After check-in, while the rest of the family went to bed, I came back down to the lobby and used the business center for about two hours to get caught up on some work. The staff didn't object to me being down there and was courteous enough to keep fresh coffee in the lobby, even late at night.

Breakfast was the usual HI Express menu, which I think is better than most other chains. Overall we had a very nice stay. The room rate was a bit over priced, in my opinion, but they were still competitive with other hotels in the area. I would stay here again, for the next show.

Room Tip: Ask for an end of hall room near the stairs if traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mobile_concierge

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The front desk service was terrible. I was staying with a group for a basketball tournament. The front desk lady, Kayla was very rude. The parents were talking and enjoying themselves, but were kicked out of the pool area, so they went to the breakfast area, and were kicked out of there too. They then went to a hallway by their rooms and were quiet and not roudy, but were told to go to a room. While in the room, someone knocked on the door, to our surprise, it was the police. Four of them actually. Kayla called the police on us and reported false statements. We were not being roudy and were minding our own business. The police were rude, and we didn't want any trouble. My whole group is unimpressed and will not be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Upsetpeople,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Saint Cloud.

Karen G.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express in St.Cloudl is "thee" worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We are here for a basketball tournament and several families from our teams are staying here.

The front desk staff lady called the police around 11:30 because only 5 of the basketball parents had not went back to there rooms & were standing outside their rooms, the others all had retreated to their rooms after we all got kicked out of the hotel's sitting area. These parents were just finishing their conversation & not being loud at all. The front staff said they need to go to bed. One mom stated to the staff lady that we should have stayed at the Hilton since we can always stay up & visit there. So the front desk lady proceeded to then call the police. It was completely ridiculous. We could not even have our doors open a slight bit. The funny thing is that the police officers didn't even agree with the hotel staff. He stated they get called here all the time for minute reasons. It was by far the worst hotel experience ever!

Dear 7marts,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for receiving an unacceptable service from our staff. Kindly be assured that this matter will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Kayla at the front desk was rude, not customer service oriented, and created HER OWN drama! We were schocked after our group of 5 left the pool area and were told we couldn't visit in the lobby or in the breakfast area. We were standing in front of our room talking softly (we had the rooms in common), wheen she asked us to step inside which we did. Shortly after, we were schocked when a police officer showed up at our door. We have been non confrontational and minding our own business. Stunned over Kayla's reaction from the front desk, this must be a power trip or she enjoys the attention! We have never experienced anything like this.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear savvychick40,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the unacceptable behavior you received from our staff during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our beloved guests. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. We look forward to welcoming you back in order to provide you with great hotel experience.

Zelyn N

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff at the front desk was helpful and courteous. Checking in and out was easy. As a frequent traveler and priority club member I expect a few things. First would be a microwave in the room. The folks at the front desk did let us use the one in the breakfast area in the evening. Second would be a refrigerator that doesn't tip over when I open the door.The hotel needs to be updated, is the nicest way to put it. There were stains on the ceiling, the bed needed a new mattress, a light fixture was missing the screw holding it on the wall, and the a/c unit sounded like a generator when turned on. If you have small children stay away from the rooms at the end of the 1st floor halls, the doors get slammed closed by smokers late into the evening.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cwetz74
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location and excellent stay here. Very comfortable beds and nice sized rooms. It has a smaller pool but the separate wading pool for smaller children is a nice feature. There is also a hot tub. I did have trouble with my room key working and was locked out of my room a couple times but staff was quick to give me a new key. Just more of an inconvenience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I and our German Shepherd dog recently stayed here on a Monday evening. The front desk gal was very professional, check out was a breeze, the room was very comfortable. My only complaint was, it would have been nice to have had a room closer to the outside so that I didn't have to walk our dog through the lobby to get outside. But the room itself was great. We will most likely be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple