Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
$107
Country Inn
$99
Quality Inn(Saint Cloud)(Great Value!)
$90
$66
$107
$101
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn(Saint Cloud)(Great Value!)
$119
$89
$120
$114
Priceline
$128
$113
Priceline
All reviewspancake machinecinnamon rollsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelnice propertyconvenient locationpool area iscloud areawafflesparking lotpillowsstfreewayhousekeepingdryerlotion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our room was very spacious and extremely comfortable. I loved the choice between two soft or two firm pillos on each bed. Even our dog for the first on our week longer trip enjoyed the comfort of the room. Breakfast was a very welcomed sight. The best breakfast we had all week between the three different hotels. The rooms were even quiet and you couldn't hear people in the hallway. Great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Sarah D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I usually stay in Choice Hotels, but stayed at this Holiday Inn Express because of proximity to an early morning business meeting. I was extremely impressed! The entire hotel is very clean and the front desk staff was cordial at check-in. I had a room with two queen beds and the bedding was quite comfortable. I was greeted at breakfast by the Holiday Inn Expresstrademark smell of cinnamon buns! I don't eat that kind of stuff but they had eggs and sausage as well. The coffee was better than what I normally get at Choice Hotels. All in all I would recommend this hotel to any business or pleasure traveler!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sarah D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

We are so happy you were pleased with your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. With so many choices in lodging we strive to ensure our guests are comfortable and have a great experience with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Having had to spend a week in St Cloud, Mn I picked what I thought was a sure bet for a hotel. I was wrong. This is an old outdated HIE. As a Priority Club member I frequent HIE's. This was nothing like the ones I am accustomed to. The room had a refrigerator but no microwave. The air conditioner sounds like it is grinding nails and is so loud I have to have the closed captions on the tv or I can't "hear" it. The sheets were thread bare and full of pills and feel like an old dish rag. They must wash them on site as they are all wrinkled and flimsy. The breakfast area is tiny and the "preparation" area is messy and leaves doubt about cleanliness. An elderly woman running the breakfast seemed disgruntled and answered my Good Morning with the response of "Is it?". At 0630 in the morning when I came down for breakfast there was a small child bundled up in a blanket sleeping. As there was no one else in the breakfast area I assumed an employee had to bring an ill child to work rather than leave him in day care. It made the small lobby feel even smaller. Another morning an elderly gentleman was running the breakfast area and literally shoved me aside from the buffet bar to remove an empty hot food dish. I felt unwelcomed and insignificant. The rooms are dingy and the funiture old and outdated. I hope Holiday Inn takes a close look at this property. A new sign will not make up for what is inside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MissyAnne9

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. On behalf of myself and my staff we would like to apologize for the issues you had encountered and can assure you that they have been addressed. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact myself at 320-240-8000.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

As a traveller I believe first impressions are lasting and if bad, it usually only gets worse, welcome to the HIE in St.Cloud.
As a paying customer for a service you do expect a service, they are the experts in their field, except at the HIE St.Cloud. The beginning, after asking for directions to a place in St.Cloud and spending an extra half hour driving around with the HIE map and scribbled lines to a general vicinity and the "some where overhere I dont got time" directions I was given started me thinking ok bad day no prob.
The Check In, after waiting at the counter to check in for 15 to 20 minutes while a return customer (for what reason I will never know) battled it out about their reservation and both front desk people tried to calm and assist the customer, I thought hmm 1st impressions may be correct.
Checking into the room was fine but usually you want an air conditioner to blow nice cool air not a nice cool mist of water. Waking up in the morning felt like I had been in a cold shower all night.
Lets see where to go next...ah yes the pool thankfully I never went swimming but my 12 year old did he thought the pool water was neat as it had a nice general green hue to it, he was not the only child that got sick and the common denominator, you guessed it the pool.
Found our floor to be wet on the second morning as someone overfilled the pool/hot tub.
The garbage left stacked in the hallway had nice decorative appeal but did start to get old after the 3rd or 4th hour in the hallway and finally the lack of towels and or room cleaning sealed the deal with me that my first impression will continue to be my lasting impression of the HIE in St.CLoud and I am certain I will NEVER stay here again. Good luck if you do if you don't you have missed nothing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear SPCANUCK,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 3, 2012

As a priority club member and very frequent patron of HIE, I had the misfortune to spend 6 nights in this HIE. It did not live up to the expectation one expects at a HIE! In fact it did not live up to the expectations of any reasonable hotel.

First off, the indoor pool was filthy! My kids expected to see geese or ducks swimming in it! Heck, Troy from Swamp People would have been right at home!!

Secondly, the breakfast almost always ran out of food throughout our stay. If you were near the breakfast area 5 or 10 minutes before the end, the attendent would not replenish the breakfast. In fact, upon a guests request 5 minutes before closing, I witnessed her give them two pieces of bread for breakfast and expected them to be happy!

In addition, my A/C did not work properly and after hotel attempts to repair it, it remained half working while we sweated it out.

Lastly, the breakfast area was off limits for guests sitting down having a coffee and visiting after breakfast hours. According to front desk staff, this room had to be rented at $75 per night or something! So much for a common area!!

As I was part of a group, many of these issues were brought to the attention of hotel management, and satisfaction for the group was not met! Had we not been with the group we would have checked out of this nightmare on elm street and found a motel 2 or whatever!

Please HIE, maintain some corporate standards with some of these properties!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DJRCanada
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear DJRCanada,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the cleanliness of the pool, limited breakfast and faulty air conditioning. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A