“Days Inn ?”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Nevis, Minnesota
“Days Inn ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I know that Days Inn has a standard that has to be met to be called one other than the sign out front of the building I did not see much that looked like a Days Inn. Maybe a Rodeway Inn, America Best Value or maybe if a person was to push it a Super 8 that's working on bring it back up to standard. The staff was good, rooms, towels, and bedding were all clean. ( no stains) When we arrived our door was not latched and from what I saw of the people staying there not a good idea. I parked my car at Walmart behind motel (security cameras). Furniture was not only dated it was also in tough shape with old TV's. It not a bad motel for the price, but not what you would expect for a Days Inn which is suppose to be a step up from a super 8. In my travels Wyndom Worldwide has a wide birth in their standard when naming their Super 8's and Days Inns. Some awesome and others far from it. I give it average because of price, staff and a few other positives. You decided

Room Tip: Get something close to front desk you will feel safer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We reserved a room on the first floor for 2 nights in early August, 2013. On Sat., we left at 8:30 a.m. and did not return until 9:30 that evening. When we inserted the cardkey in the lock the door simply swung open. The room was unlocked and everyone had access. We assume it was housekeeping that was responsible for this as the towels had been changed but there were other housekeeping duties that had not been taken care of- the coffee was not resupplied- not even the coffee pot had been rinsed out. Since I assume that housekeeping finishes it's work by mid-afternoon our room was open to the public, on the first floor, for the majority of the day. It was obvious my laptop had been looked at as the chords and mouse were not in their usual places. We went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager/owner. The clerk said he was not calling back. His name is Jatinder Singh- we did not get that info from the staff at Days Inn but from corporate. Given that weekends are the busiest time for most hotels we got the message loud and clear that Mr. Singh did not want to speak with us. It is now Monday and we left our home number asking for a call- still no call. The breakfast served was awful and served in unsanitary conditions. Staff tried everything in their power to not refill anything unless a guest went to the front counter and asked. There wasn't even any cheap basic tea. Our iron had burned carpet on it and the burn mark was eveident on the carpet, the luggage stand was rusty and the bedding was old and threadbare. I would avoid this place at all costs- sleep in your car- at least you can keep it locked. we are asking for one nights fee returned because for one day that room wasn't really ours- it belonged to anyone who pushed the door open. Have called and e-mailed corporate. Taking the risk of sounding prejudice- one of the desk staff had such a heavy foreign accent I could not understand her and had to ask for someone else to speak to.Jatinder Singh again is the owner, manager and the hotel # is 320-253-4444. Again- stay away!

Room Tip: We always look at our room before bringing in the luggage but there was no way of knowing that the h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in my days..this is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in my life, I seriously cannot believe that this hotel is even open. There was black mold behind the toilet, paint peeling off the walls, light fixtures without covers....I have not one good thing to stay about this hotel....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2travl
New England, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Lets just say i wish i would have checked the reviews. Hotel needs serious renovation. Checked in stayed 1 hour and couldnt take it. Checked back out. Room smelled horrible. Garbage can had vomit under bag. Hair on floor in bathroom and on carpet. Sheetrock in bathroom was rotted and moldy. Latch part on window was all broke out and to top it off wife got bit by flea or bug while sitting on bed. There is no way we would of slept there. I would have felt safer sleeping on the ground.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Spokane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

There were tow towles in the room that were not clean!! The shower was dirty and had a bar of used soap in it.. also the sheets were questionable if they had been changed or not!! The front desk did give me$ 15.00 off the price and was very nice but if I could have gone somewhere else I would have but that what wasn't a option..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family