“Never been treated so badly”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn St. Cloud

Days Inn St. Cloud
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Spencer
“Never been treated so badly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

After waiting 30 minutes to check in, we got to our room to find a 1 full size bed handicap room. I reserved a king size room through Travelocity - no mention of handicap. We went to the desk and were told that since we weren't Days Inn's customers, that we Travelocity's customer, the staff would not change our room. After 2 rude staff members and a manager and 45 minutes later - we left. aAs we were walking out the manager did quietly mention they would upgrade us to the king size room. After being told more or less not to talk, to listen to the Days Inn staff, and being disrespected - we did leave. We go to St. Cloud often and will not be staying at Days Inn there - ever. And, Travelocity staff tried to call Days Inn after we left - they would not answer. No they weren't busy because I also tried - they answered. Classy.

Room Tip: .Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Vickie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

When we first got into our room, it was VERY outdated and rundown! Then taking a closer look the room was DISGUSTING!!!! Here is what we found: bathtub not cleaned, dust on EVERYTHING, spilt pop on top of the tv, crumbs in the drawers, crumbs on the desk, garbage on the floor and under the beds, clock not working and when I TRIED to pick it up to fix it I had to pull on it because it was stuck from MORE spilt pop, BLOOD on the comferter! When we called the front desk and told them of this her excuse was that since it was so busy it didn't get cleaned that well (YOU THINK!!) Sorry but that doesn't cut it! So they moved us to a new room and this is what we found: a dirty bathtub (again), dirty drawers, food on the floor, broken glass under the bed, and here's the killer BED BUGS!!!!! YES BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank murrie1
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed here the weekend of Dec 2. My kids and I enjoyed the pool and the water slide the most. Our room was clean and the front desk staff was fairly nice. The rooms do have nice TV's which kept my husband busy. The hotel is located around good restaurants and a shopping mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha A
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed here fri night and was worried after reading previous reviews.
But the say wasnt too bad for the price paid.
The checkin clerk was very nice and helpfull.
The bed in the room was comfortable and the free internet worked well.
The only problem I had with the room was, when they installed new room carpet they should have replaced the rummer molding around the the base of the wall.
There arent too many outlets in the room ,so I reached down and unplugged the coffee maker to plug in my laptop.
Then I noticed the molding was covered with mold or mildew all the way along the wall length.
Was some of the carpet adhesive left on there and becmae moldy after time.
Behind the bed and dresser there was debirs on the floor also.
A good quarterly cleaing of moving the furniture away from the walls would fix these neglected areas.
The pool area was very nice and clean and hot tub felt good after a long drive.
Breakfast was simple but hit the spot.
Would stay there again if in the area if the price was right.
I paid $64 for the night with a discount and it served the purpose.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimkip
Fargo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We visited St Cloud area over labor day - last summer weekend. We decided to take our chances with Days Inn, in spite of some "not so good" reviews online. But we had stayed here twice before, and with good experiences. I was determined to take some pictures and post them on this site if/when I found something bad. The kids absolutely loved the place. The indoor pool being the highlight for them! They kept slidin' for hours, and slept well at night. The breakfast was good, with fresh milk and good assortment of cereals for the kids. Free wifi for the husband, great time for the kids equals peace of mind for the mother! This place is no Hilton, but for the price, there is adequate value. We would definitely stay here during for our next visit to the area. Oh, and check out the pictures, not too bad for the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cin2003dy
Spicer, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Five families checked in and all of us ended up checking out. Room #1- malted milk balls on the floor, playig cards and ashes on window sill. Room #2 BED BUGS!!!!! Room #3 A whole blueberry muffin was found between the matress and box spring....I would not let my dog sleep at this place. We called earlier in the week and spoke with the manager and she assured us that the hotel was clean and that they had revamped their cleaning staff...obviously they didn't!!!! GROSS!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank lissa0816
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stayed here while in town for a funeral. The halls smelled like wet dogs and the room smelled even worse. Our window leaked so there was water all over the window sill so that made it horribly humid in the room. The bathroom WAS NOT cleaned...there was "stuff" on the inside of the shower and I dont think the upper part of the shower surround had EVER been cleaned. The beds were as hard as rocks and it felt as though you were laying on sandpaper.

There were semi truck(S) (yes at least 6-7) running all night and in the morning they apparently were having a "meeting" in the lobby/breakfast area and must have forgot that they were not talking on their CB's anymore as it was disgusting to listen to them speak...we took our "breakfast" back to our room so we didnt have to listen to the profanity and one of them in dirty, ill-fitting sweatpants yell, "Hey Blondie" every 15 seconds. The pool area had no towels and the area was freezing cold. My kids loved the waterslide but were bummed when it was shut off at 8pm. Would never stay here again and glad that I didnt have to pay much for the room.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family