“wonderful”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel staff accommodated a need for early arrival and make every effort to assist us in last minute Christmas dinner. They gave us room early and situated us near an open area that we could have our large family join us.

Room Tip: poolside , but not atrium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Marge Z.,

Thank you for sharing the comments in Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn &Suites in St. Cloud, Mn. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that we could accomodate your families dinner!

We hope to see you again next year!

Beth Adamek.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was not our first time staying here. We love the large pool and the large area for kids to play. The last time we stayed it was so cold and it was freezing again this time in the pool area so it wasn't a fluke. My husband doesn't think they have heat in that area. You can feel such a temperature difference when you walk from the kids zone to the large pool area. It's such a shame because the pool is so nice; a person should be able to sit out by it without having to wear winter gear. The sauna is awesome!!! The rooms are clean. They gave wrist bands this year to wear in the pool area but nobody had them on. There were large parties and lots of outside people in the pool area who took up all the tables and chairs; very crowded. I think that's what they are trying to eliminate from happening with the arm bands but it's not working. Want to stay again; really hope they get some heat near the pool!! water warmer than air!!!

Room Tip: I would get a room in kid zone instead of pool side next time (pool side is very cold)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MinnesotaBeachGirl
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, St Cloud, MN. We appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportubnity to make it a better hotel for all our guests.

Please feel free to call me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay.

320.253.9000

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

One set of sheets in the room was stained with some sort of greyish stain, which for me is just not acceptable at a hotel. The one thing that should be absolutely clean are the sheets. I mean the whole point of being at a hotel is to sleep on the sheets. Other than that flaw the rest of the experience was pretty good. The only other thing was that there are no really quite areas to go in this hotel so if you're looking for a quiet hotel don't go here. Also, you can smell the chlorine from the pools as soon as you step out of your room, which isn't really the hotels fault because whoever built the hotel didn't build anything to enclose the pools so you can always smell it.

• Stayed: November 2012
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feed back. Please feel free to contact me at the number below if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Holiday Inn & Suites
St Cloud, MN

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the H.I St. Cloud while on business. I've stayed here several times in the last year. This is a large hotel with many rooms and some long walks to the lobby. Had a bad stay over a year ago in the larger 'Suites' due to the strong smell of bug spray. However, last several stays near the pool in the older part of the hotel has been very good. Rooms are clean, bathrooms - while small, are decent with good showers. Nice TV's with many choices. Not a huge fan of the attached bar but will say the staff is always nice. Breakfast staff is nice as well but their menu is a tad pricier than other full service H.I's. ie "best 4Value Breakfast"

All that said.... there are many lodging choices in St. Cloud and in close proximity to this H.I. At under a $100, I'd consider this H.I a good pick. Pool area (aka Holidome) is large and clean. Location is great with many dining establishments close and even within close proximity.

If you have Kids looking for a nice place to stay, I'd recommend here.

Room Tip: Prefer standard rooms poolside closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for reveiwing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and glad you had a good stay.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I needed a place to stay while visiting a nearby college. I found the room to be clean, nicely decorated and plenty of room. Check-in was quick and friendly. Though I didn't use any activity areas there was an abundance of them. This would be an excellent hotel to bring your family for a weekend. The volleyball courts were awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the St Cloud Holiday Inn and Suites after your recent stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. Come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Inn while in St. Cloud for a wedding. The reception for the wedding was at the Le St. Germain hotel which I passed over staying at in favor of the Holiday Inn since I've experienced amazing Holiday Inn's in the recent past. Unfortunately, I did not find this HI to be of the same quality as others. The "queen" bed seemed much smaller than a normal queen and was smaller than our queen bed at home. The bed was also very hard and lumpy. The "high speed" internet was reminiscent of the days I had dial-up internet. And the decor, modeling and layout of the HI was definitely dated. It was also loud as we could hear every word of people passing by our door at all hours of the night. The curtain in our room wouldn't close completely and the parking lot light was blaring into our room - my wife has light sensitivities so this wasn't good. Last, the staff was unresponsive to my requests for help on any of these matters. I did follow-up with the Inn after my stay and found the follow-up response from their customer service department to be excellent. They seemed to really hear my concerns and said they would address these issues.

Room Tip: This hotel is located on one of the busiest intersections in St. Cloud. Try to get a room on the opp...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank epi007
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I am so sorry your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, St. Cloud, was not what you expected from the Holiday Inn brand, Our goal is for all our guests to have an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you still have comments or concerns.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I myself wouldn't or recommend staying there. Especially for an extended stay. Lacking communication between management and employee's. I myself am allergic to a handful of different things which they were well aware of, however some housekeeper's would clean my room accordingly and others wouldn't. I have been both in management and also a housekeeper. I know very well house rooms are to be cleaned. When I did have a housekeeper who did things accordingly, their equipment that they had to work with was so outdated that it was tough for them to do their jobs at times also.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rennee B
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Rennee B.,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at our hotel. We value your input and strive to make our hotel the best it can be for all our guests.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.