“Best Western Kelly Inn - nice place to stay”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
International Falls, MN, United States
“Best Western Kelly Inn - nice place to stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Best Western Kelly Inn is a nice place to stay. Rooms are very clean and hotel in general is in very good condition. Only drawbacks for me were the WiFi service is mediocre quality (frequent drops/slow speed during peak usage times), parking space is barely adequate and I could have used an extra blanket.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping department is made up of some of the finest individuals who not only provide exceptionally clean rooms but quality customer service with a smile to boot! Thank you again for taking time to review us and we hope to see you again on your next stay in St. Cloud.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were there for a wedding, and were only going to stay Saturday, but lay minute decided to come down Friday instead. It was awesome there was a restaurant on-site, and friendly service. The beds were the most comfortable beds ever! Bathroom was a bit too small though. However, all in all, I'd stay here again ina heart beat!

• Stayed June 2014
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking time to review our Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn and am happy to hear that you had a wonderful night sleep. We hope to see you again on your next travels through our wonderful city of St. Cloud!
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed for two nights in June of 2014. My room was clean, comfortable, and appeared to be recently remodeled. The bed and pillows were comfortable and in excellent condition. The love seat was the only detraction. It was clearly worn out and far too low to the ground. Nice view of the Mississippi River, too.

The front desk was well staffed, so even though a conference had large numbers of people arriving at the same time, it was a short wait for check-in

Parking is free, but it can be hard to find an open space. There is no breakfast included with your room. A Green Mill restaurant attached to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are very proud to say that we have done extensive remodeling in the past year and continue to make improvements still. We have been fortunate enough to replace each bed in the hotel to provide each guest a more comfortable night sleep along with remodeling our guest rooms and general areas. Although our renovations are not completely done we are excited at our continued transformation and the product that we continue to provide our guests and our community. I thank you again for staying with us and the wonderful review and acknowledgement of our continued efforts to make a product we all can be proud of.
Burnsville, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ask and you shall receive. The staff is wonderful. A nice, comfortable and a perfect place to stay. The beds were fantastic. The only thing I would wish for is better lighting in the bathroom. If staying for an event at the River's Edge the hotel location is convenience and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It turned out ok but they first put us in a room on the 3rd floor that you had to use C elevator and go to the second floor and then walk down this long hall to stairs that took you to the 3rd floor. I was furious and called the front desk and they kindly moved us. i had made this reservation months ahead on line. We were there for the Minnesota Quilt show.

Room Tip: Be sure and find out if your room is up stairs. Also I would ask for a room that uses A or B elevato...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I thank you for taking time to review our hotel and your experience. I am sorry that you initially did not have a great experience but that everything turned out great. We are very proud to offer our guests the choice of 18 various room styles, one sure to suit each of our guests needs. I am pleased to see that your secondary room style did just this and I hope to see you again for your next Quilt Show. All my best!
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The staff here, particularly Tom, went above and beyond when I was in a crunch between having to give a lecture and just beforehand get to the post office (their website was down, so I couldn't pre-pay shipping) to ship some of those heavy boxes. It was pouring rain, which would have made me look like a drowned rat for the lecture, so Tom used the hotel van to shuttle me to the post office where I paid for my shipping labels. He got me back to the Kelly nice and dry and on time for my lecture. I used the business office (called Library) and it was equipped with everything I needed. Wifi was pretty slow, but the beds were comfy enough to make up for it. Housekeeping was fine and the bed was very comfortable. My room, facing the river, was quiet.
There's a very slow restaurant associated with, but not managed by, the hotel where you can get decent food and a good beer.

Room Tip: The riverside rooms are quiet, and the __58, and __59 rooms face onto the river and are near (but n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I truly appreciate your time in reviewing our property and especially the service that Tom our Assistant Front Office Manager was able to assist you with. It is always a priority to each and every one of us that our guests feel they are receiving the best treatment and feel like they have the highest quality experience while staying with us. I am thrilled that you had a great night sleep and that you found our beds comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you along the way!
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The whole staff were very friendly but my encounter with the Housekeeping Staff, Sarah, was wonderful!! I saw her as I was passing by and she paid me a compliment. Her smile and interaction just screamed wonderful customer service. The next day, I happened to ask for assistance from the Front Desk as I had forgotten my cell phone charger in the room. She was the one who was called to assist and not knowing she was helping me, she physically went up to the area and made contact with that housekeeper and then walked down to the front desk to meet me. She saw it was me and gave me a hug. Even though my cell charger could not be found (I must've dropped it along the way), she offered me one that was in the lost and found. She went ABOVE and BEYOND and made my trip and weekend memorable!! I can't thank her enough! ~Customer, Jaimie Bahl

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and wonderful words regarding our Housekeeping Supervisor Sarah! Sarah has been an amazing addition to our Best Western family and we couldn't be more proud to have her sparkle and friendly energy shine at our hotel. It is always our goal that each and every associate provides this type of service to all of our guests. Again, many thanks for your review and I hope to see you again along the way.