“Another Great BW Experience”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Wisconsin
“Another Great BW Experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

So.... stopped in without a reservation... at 2:50 in the afternoon... Was offered a room with a great rate. Discount offered in attached, well known restaurant. Staff was again exceptional. My room is beautiful... large, nice workspace. Wireless works terrific - with three devices up and running. Wireless worked in connected restaurant as well. Bathroom is clean and spacious. Teas, coffees, etc in the room. I feel as though I'm at home.... except it's cleaner! Decor is new and up to date. White comforter with 5 pillows. My room happens to overlook the river! Staff was wonderful upon checking in. I asked about airline miles and was notified that the staff would get me signed up for the club and have everything ready for me on check out. I'd indicated that I've had two great, back to back experiences with BW so will definitely be back to this one and seek out BW in other cities as well. Great price and great customer service... Keep it up!! I'm really satisfied!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review of our hotel. We are proud to have such an outstanding staff and product to provide each and every one of our valued guests. I am pleased that we are able to be your home away from home and it is with great expectation that we will see you again on your travels through St. Cloud.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
St Cloud, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is attached to the St Cloud Convention Center. If you are planning on staying here, demand a room in the Tower when making your reservation and make sure they put this in the comments. If not, you will be put in one of the peripheral rooms down long dark corridors with poorly working ammenities, which is a pity. The restaraunt and lounge are very nice. If you cannot get a Tower room, i would suggest continuing my hotel search. For breakfast, i would skip the Green Mill and hike 1 bock to Perkins for a good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We truly thank you for your review of our hotel. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn are proud to offer many (18 in fact) different types of guest rooms to suit all our guests needs. We have guest rooms to accommodate your most economically driven traveler to luxury traveler. I apologize that you did not have the most comfortable stay but we would like to invite you back to give us another try. If your first experience was in a more economical room type and you are interested in larger rooms, our knowledgeable Front Desk Associates can provide you options with more space that you may have been originally looking for. With eighteen various room types we are sure to have one that will certainly suit your needs. Safe and happy travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Thank you Jamie, and Payge for getting us here and adjusting the bill when the heat didn't come on :) the day manager/ employee of the month/year was very friendly too. The pool was lovely and so was the view. I love the new "Mad Men" 60's decor- peacock, lime and grey. Very Rat Pack. It's coming along folks, keep up the good work! Offering rolls with the coffee is a good choice for business travelers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and friendly staff. It is always our hopes that each one of our guests has the best experience. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you on your next visit through our beautiful city of St. Cloud.
Mankato, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If they offer you the upgrade don't take it. The room was freezing cold and there was NO hot water. The room looked like it was an old storage room converted into a multi level. I have stayed in the business suites here and they are much better. My room this stay was also not so clean. The linens downstairs were dirty and the toilet seat had pee on it. Again, not my usual experience here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the discrepancies that you encountered during your stay with us. I appreciate you letting us know how your stay was and please be assured that your comments in your review have been relayed to the appropriate departments. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn hold our team members to a high degree of guest satisfaction and I am confident that given another opportunity to have you stay with us your satisfaction on your guest room will be nothing less than superior. Again, many thanks for your review.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is an old hotel that has been extensively remodeled and has a modern and clean feel. It appears that the management and employees take good care of the property.
I stayed at the Kelly Inn for two nights. My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Mississippi-- a beautiful view. The room was well-appointed with two very comfortable double beds, a fold out sofa (that I didn't use), a large flat-screen TV, large desk/table, refrigerator, and microwave. The room appeared to have been remodeled recently, and overall felt very clean. The bed sheets and towels were newer and clean, and there were plenty of extra towels and blankets provided.
I used the treadmill in the workout room which overlooks the indoor pool area. The equipment is all newer and appears to be well-maintained.
I encountered a few small problems during my stay, as well. My room had a broken formica piece sticking out from the window sill, a drippy faucet, and damaged wallpaper and mildew stains on the floor grout in the bathroom. My biggest complaint was that I was forced to take a cold shower on the first day of my stay, because there was no hot water. The elevator was also out of service on day one. By day two, however, both issues had been repaired. The hotel staff was responsive and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your detailed review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay but appreciate you letting us know what we need to do to improve. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied overall. It is always our hopes that you will give us another opportunity to impress you and create the highest level of satisfaction so we invite you back for another stay. Wishing you safe and many travels from all of us here.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very beautiful hotel. View of the river was nice. 2 ice machines in 5 story hotel. Have to go through convention check in area to get to pool. Whirlpool was cold. Check in was very helpful, staff was pleasant. Restaurant and lounge are not on site but in building by hotel. It was very nice but expensive.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
It is always appreciated when guests review our hotel, even if it is not the best review as this lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I apologize that you experienced some difficulties while you visited us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, however I am thrilled that you found our associates to be of quality caliber. We are conveniently located in down town St. Cloud and the Green Mill Restaurant is conveniently attached to our property so you do not have to travel off site for dining. It truly is always our hopes that each and every guest has a wonderful experience and leaves feeling like they would keep us top of mind when traveling through our beautiful city. I do hope you will give us another try to remedy the discrepancies that you experienced this time and again we do appreciate your review as this is the only way we can make improvements.
Viroqua, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The public areas of this hotel are beautiful. Very hip design. There is a large set of windows overlooking the Mississippi river. The hotel is located right downtown within walking distance of restaurants and has a decent restaurant/bar attached. The only downside is the size of the rooms. There is no room to maneuver. The chair at the small desk backs right into the bed and you can't get by if someone is seated there. The sink is outside of the bathroom and has a tiny surface for toiletries. The TV is in a cabinet and sits too low to watch it from the bed unless sitting up. I felt claustrophobic. Unfortunately I would not stay here again in such a small room especially if I was travelling with someone. I was alone and the queen room was just too small.

Room Tip: The queen was tiny. Perhaps a King or multiple bed room would be larger.