“Beautiful view, Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful view, Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is an old hotel that has been extensively remodeled and has a modern and clean feel. It appears that the management and employees take good care of the property.
I stayed at the Kelly Inn for two nights. My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Mississippi-- a beautiful view. The room was well-appointed with two very comfortable double beds, a fold out sofa (that I didn't use), a large flat-screen TV, large desk/table, refrigerator, and microwave. The room appeared to have been remodeled recently, and overall felt very clean. The bed sheets and towels were newer and clean, and there were plenty of extra towels and blankets provided.
I used the treadmill in the workout room which overlooks the indoor pool area. The equipment is all newer and appears to be well-maintained.
I encountered a few small problems during my stay, as well. My room had a broken formica piece sticking out from the window sill, a drippy faucet, and damaged wallpaper and mildew stains on the floor grout in the bathroom. My biggest complaint was that I was forced to take a cold shower on the first day of my stay, because there was no hot water. The elevator was also out of service on day one. By day two, however, both issues had been repaired. The hotel staff was responsive and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so very much for your detailed review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay but appreciate you letting us know what we need to do to improve. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied overall. It is always our hopes that you will give us another opportunity to impress you and create the highest level of satisfaction so we invite you back for another stay. Wishing you safe and many travels from all of us here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very beautiful hotel. View of the river was nice. 2 ice machines in 5 story hotel. Have to go through convention check in area to get to pool. Whirlpool was cold. Check in was very helpful, staff was pleasant. Restaurant and lounge are not on site but in building by hotel. It was very nice but expensive.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
It is always appreciated when guests review our hotel, even if it is not the best review as this lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I apologize that you experienced some difficulties while you visited us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, however I am thrilled that you found our associates to be of quality caliber. We are conveniently located in down town St. Cloud and the Green Mill Restaurant is conveniently attached to our property so you do not have to travel off site for dining. It truly is always our hopes that each and every guest has a wonderful experience and leaves feeling like they would keep us top of mind when traveling through our beautiful city. I do hope you will give us another try to remedy the discrepancies that you experienced this time and again we do appreciate your review as this is the only way we can make improvements.
Viroqua, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The public areas of this hotel are beautiful. Very hip design. There is a large set of windows overlooking the Mississippi river. The hotel is located right downtown within walking distance of restaurants and has a decent restaurant/bar attached. The only downside is the size of the rooms. There is no room to maneuver. The chair at the small desk backs right into the bed and you can't get by if someone is seated there. The sink is outside of the bathroom and has a tiny surface for toiletries. The TV is in a cabinet and sits too low to watch it from the bed unless sitting up. I felt claustrophobic. Unfortunately I would not stay here again in such a small room especially if I was travelling with someone. I was alone and the queen room was just too small.

Room Tip: The queen was tiny. Perhaps a King or multiple bed room would be larger.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We truly thank you for your review of our hotel. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn are proud to offer many (18 in fact) different types of guest rooms to suit all our guests needs. We have guest rooms to accommodate your most economically driven traveler to luxury traveler. I apologize that you did not have the most comfortable stay but we would like to invite you back to give us another try. If your first experience was in a more economical room type and you are interested in larger rooms, our knowledgeable Front Desk Associates can provide you options with more space that you may have been originally looking for. With eighteen various room types we are sure to have one that will certainly suit your needs. Safe and happy travels!
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently had a family emergency and needed a hotel where my family and I could be near the St. Cloud Hospital. Morgan and Ben were absolutely fantastic to work with, made a very stressful time easier and their service was amazing!! I would definitly recommend them to anyone! Thank you so much!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. I will most definitely pass along the great compliment to Morgan and Ben for a job well done. It is always our hopes that each and every guest feels that the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud is a home away from home. I wish you continued safe and happy travels.
Maplewood, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The room overlooked the Mississippi river. Beautiful scenery especially in the fall. Convenient parking to our room. We were able to park right outside the end of hallway to our room. Which was great seeing as we had to be at St. Cloud St. by 7:30. The bed was amazing!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience with us during your visit to St. Cloud and our hotel. We are very fortunate to be nestled in on the banks of the Mississippi River which offers our hotel guests amazing views and relaxation. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn has made many improvements and renovations within the past year and we are proud to showcase our fresh and inviting look. It is our hopes that travelers who have yet to experience the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn stop in and take a look and also experience what truly makes us an amazing property in St. Cloud. While passing through St. Cloud we invite you to enjoy a quiet and restful night stay or simply a scrumptious meal at the Green Mill.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I spent 3 days at the Kelly Inn for a conference from October 25-27th, 2013. I was impressed from the time I stepped inside the lobby until I checked out. The decor is upbeat and the place is very clean. The personnel was polite and helpful everywhere! I will return and would recommend this place to anyone for an excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is with many thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel and the hotel staff. We are proud to have some of the best in the business as employees who truly exemplify what hospitality and customer service mean. It is always our goal that each and every person who walks through our doors feel that they are receiving the best while they are with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn. Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Cloud right off the Mighty Mississippi River. Being centrally located to shopping, restaurants, walking trails, parks and more set the Best Western apart from the competition. I truly appreciate your review of our property and wish you continued safe and happy travels.
White Bear Lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel was great, we have a 120# Great Dane and he was welcome with open arms. The pool-side room was fun. The downtown night life, with bars with live bands had all kinds of music for everyone's taste. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience with us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. It is always our hopes that our guests (even our furry four legged guests) feel we are their home away from home. We are 100% pet friendly and welcome you back any time.