“Great stay, honest hospitality”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great stay, honest hospitality”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We came to the hotel when it was completely full - but as busy as it was, we got into our room right away and found everything to meet our expectations. The lobby of the hotel looked really nice and the girl, Jamie, working at the front desk was friendly, even though it was chaotic. We look forward to staying here again! The staff and location made this trip very easy.

Room Tip: Maybe call in to make sure your room is ready before you get to the front desk. Ask for Jamie.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that your service experience was exceeded. We are very fortunate to have Jaimie as part of our Front Desk Staff and appreciate your comments. This was passed along to her as well. We thank you very much for your kind review and look forward to your continued patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We made a 2 night reservation for a baseball tournament in June 2013 for a Friday and Saturday night. Because of the 2 night reservation we did not get the traditional receipt-under-the-door on Friday night. It appeared our team would not advance beyond Saturday's play, so I went back to the hotel and cancelled the reservation in person at the front desk on Saturday AM before 11AM. When I checked out they told me "Thank you...you're all taken care of." Silly me...I did not get a receipt. When the VISA bill came, we were charged for 2 full nights. In trying to resolve the situation with staff and the hotel manager, we found them extremely uncooperative and not responsive. Our calls were not returned,and they claimed to have documentation from housekeeping which did not exist. After 2 weeks and many calls later, they finally agreed to credit 50% of the 2nd night. Will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
MankatoMNtraveler, it is unfortunate you feel your conflict resolution was not to your expectations or standards. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn rely heavily on the honesty and documentation of our well trained staff; and, the resolution proposed was decided upon after hearing your renditions of the same story. We understand sometimes you just can’t please them all; however, it is our hope and genuine interest to exceed all of our guests’ expectations before walking out our lobby doors. My regrets to you for not meeting your expectations and we wish you safe travels in the future.
Maple Grove
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Two Times I have been displeased and we will never stay here ever again! I got to the hotel Friday 7/12/13 and Benjamin was working the front desk when I asked to check he said there was no reservation under my name and told me I was at the wrong hotel and that there was nothing he could do for me! I could purchase two more rooms and if the original rooms got charged to my card (like if they booked it for the wrong date I would get charged for not cancelling) then it was not their problem or fault. I asked for the two new rooms having nowhere else to go and he charged me way more then what I had originally been charged because it was the night of booking fee. I asked him to keep searching for anyone who hasn't checked in to see if they spelled my name wrong or something and they found a guest and asked what my credit card number was. They booked my 2 rooms (with my credit card information) under the wrong person!!! I am appalled that after this happened he still charged me more and said that I must have said the name wrong over the phone. My name is Chelsie the name they had was David. On top of that both of my rooms I purchased were still dirty the trash had not even been taken out.

On Feb 1st 2013, Vanessa told me if I wrote a GOOD review on here (I did not ever have to stay here before) I would get my room half off, I just had to mention her name and print off the review. Splitting this suite with my friends I split the room six ways and when I got to the check in they told me that the room was full price and they could do nothing for me! the suite was $300+ I had to get very mean at the front desk before they would finally honor what Vanessa had told me.

Thank you to the front desk attendant the next morning on 7/13/2013 Jamie, You were a great help and heard what I had to say but Vanessa from last time and Ben from this time have ruined Kelly Inn In St Cloud for me!

Room Tip: queen bedroom was a lot nice then double
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I am genuinely sorry that you did not experience a great stay with us. It is our goal to always exceed our guests expectations. I understand that there was some miscommunication regarding your reservation and who’s name was on the reservation. After looking into your concerns, which we do take to heart, the rate you were given on the new rooms were at a greater discounted rate than your original reservation. I apologize if this was not relayed to you properly.
Regarding Vanessa, a former Front Desk Associate, we do not, nor have ever promoted/praised such behavior. After management became aware of the situation this employee left the employment of Best Western Kelly Inn.
Again, we do thank you for your review of our property, although it is unfortunate that you did not have a great experience, we always value our guests feedback so we can train and educate our staff so the circumstances you experienced do not happen to others.
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past few years. It is not the Kelly Inn's fault that almost the entire area in Minnesota had severe rainfall and storms last week. We awoke on Sunday AM, June 23, to water dripping from the ceiling into both the bedroom and bathroom areas. Our room was on sixth floor (the top floor). There was standing water on the top of the coffee table. Luckily, our two laptops were on a table and just missed the leaking a few inches away. In the sixth floor hallway, there was severe damage. We went down to the lobby about 0700 to report that our room was damaged and had leaks all over and the reaction at the reception desk was " Everyone has the same problem." There were large buckets in the lobby. If you make reservations for a visit, make sure that you don't get a water soaked room, especially on the sixth floor.

Room Tip: Their wireless internet service is apparently less than adequate when there is a lot of activity. We...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
From all of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, it is with many thanks to all of our wonderful guests who have been so understanding regarding the damages our city and hotel sustained during our week of torrential storms. It is so very unfortunate that you were also affected by our storms and I truly apologize that you woke up to the rain in your room as well. We appreciate all of your cooperation. We consider ourselves very fortunate at the hotel as we were one of the only businesses still left with power in the city following the storms. With our amazing Maintenance and Housekeeping staff who all pulled together to get our hotel back in working order we are happy to say that we are stronger than ever and are back up to our pre-disaster standards and welcome all travelers with open arms and bright smiles. Thank you again to all of those who helped us get through our difficulties and it is with warm hopes to have you all back again soon.
East Dubuque, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was a wedding trip-the bed was so uncomfortable and the blanket was scratchy. The room was tiny.
Not a pleasant experience and we would NOT recommend staying here or dining
at their restaurant-breakfast was hard and dry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We truly thank you for your review of our hotel. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn are proud to offer many (18 in fact) different types of guest rooms to suit all our guests needs. We have guest rooms to accommodate your most economically driven traveler to luxury traveler. I apologize that you did not have the most comfortable stay but we would like to invite you back to give us another try. If your first experience was in a more economical room type and you are interested in larger rooms, our knowledgeable Front Desk Associates can provide you options with more space that you may have been originally looking for. With eighteen various room types we are sure to have one that will certainly suit your needs. Safe and happy travels!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to this hotel to pick up instructions for a volkswalk and ended up staying as we had passed only one other motel on our way across town. We had a very comfortable room with restaurants nearby but found the price to be above what we usually pay for a room that doesn't offer even a minimal breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that your travels landed you here with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. I am pleased to hear that you also had a comfortable stay. We are fortunate to have the Green Mill Restaurant attached to our property which does in fact offer a discount breakfast which includes hot and cold items to all of our overnight guests. It is with sincere thanks for your review of our hotel and hope that you visit us again while passing through our beautiful city.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the Kelly Inn on a Thursday night with my mom and sister in a double queen room and was very happy with the experience. Jordan, I believe, at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was quite large for a decent price, and we appreciated all the extra mirrors for 3 ladies getting ready in the morning! The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the decor was modern. The free wifi worked without any problems, and the location is awesome. My only complaint was the breakfast. We tried out the buffet held in the Green Mill, and didn't feel that the price paid for the meal was worth it. It would have been great for a complimentary breakfast, but I'd recommend you try out another breakfast restaurant! Overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Many thanks for your review of the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud. We always appreciate knowing what we are doing well and also things that can be improved upon. I am thrilled that you experienced the quality service provided by our Front Desk Associate Jordan. I am proud to have a high caliber team at our Front Desk and it is with all expectation that each of our valued guests leave the hotel with confidence that they received the best experience and service while with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. We hope you visit us again if ever traveling through our beautiful city. Safe and happy travels!