“Best night I've had in a hotel!”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
“Best night I've had in a hotel!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Kelly inn recently in St. Cloud and I had a great time. The lobby was remodeled and looks amazing. The staff made sure everything went smoothly and a special thanks to Vanessa who made checking in and checking out a breeze. I had dinner at the Green Mill which is attached to the hotel. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the St. Cloud area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. We at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn strive to make all guests feel at home when visiting the St. Cloud area. Our Front Desk Associates are just one piece to our well-oiled machine and I am happy to pass along a job well done to our entire team. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your next travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
barrett, mn
Reviewed October 17, 2012

i have been staying at the kelly inn in st. cloud for over 20 years. i have seen a lot of changes, (not always for the better) - but i gotta say i love this place. located in old downtown, the location is fantastic. all the rooms have microwaves and small fridges which is great and nice workspaces. i especially appreciate that the hotel is pet friendly, as i often travel with my dog. you can get food at the attached green mill, or order awesome pizza from house of pizza which is only a block away. there are also a great selection of downtown bars within a block, as is the paramount theatre. the hotel staff is friendly and very accommodating. in particular, morgan and laura have been the best! but my very favorite thing about the kelly is the view. located right on the mississippi river, i always stay in a room with a river view. all the river rooms have huge windows so you can watch the river in all her splendor through every season. the hotel was getting a bit run down and i used to have hit and miss experiences with the internet, but the management has been going through a major renovation / upgrade and the place is looking great. it is my home away from home.

Room Tip: river views are the best, and king suites give you a bit more space
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel. We are truly excited to see some major changes here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn. For those travelers who have stayed with us before you will be delightfully surprised at the remodel our hotel has undergone. For those travelers who are first timers we are happy to welcome you with a fresh look and modern warmth. From wall to wall and floor to ceiling our guests are able to enjoy a clean, comfortable and well- appointed hotel and also a guest room sure to accommodate all needs while away from the comforts of home. I am proud to say that the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud does in fact have wonderful employees, Morgan and Laura being being just a couple of them, continues to provide superior guest service as do all of our staff from Front Desk, Housekeeping to Maintenance. Again, we thank you for your review and hope to see you along your next travel.
Wheaton, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am attending the Model College here in St. Cloud, and called to make reservations at Best Western for a friend of mine that is helping me with my certification at school. I made my call to the hotel and was extremely happy with the service that I received from Vanessa. Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
From all of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, we thank you for your stay with us while you were in town for school. I am thrilled that you had a great stay! We hope to see you again in the future, and all our best in your college endeavors.
Ramsey, MN
Reviewed October 1, 2012

On a recent overnight stay at the Kelly Inn, I found Vanessa very helpful during check in with our block of 7 rooms. She made an extra effort to make sure that the needs of our group were met. Vanessa was personable and I felt that worked hard to help us have a pleasant stay. Our group was in one of their meeting rooms, the Husky room, which is very comfortable and inviting. It has seating at round tables and also an area with a couch and easy chairs.. It worked out well for our group. Nice hotel!
Janet

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are available.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us her at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn. Our Front Desk Associate Vanessa has been a staple employee providing amazing customer service to all she encounters for the past few years and we are very fortunate to have her as part of our team. It is with all sincerity that I say we truly have the best Front Desk team in all of St. Cloud, one with integrity, happiness to serve, patience and true dedication to our guests. I thank you for your response and look forward to your next visit to St. Cloud.
Crookston, Minnesota
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Allene

Wow, what an awesome experience while booking a stay for myself and three coworkers at the BW Kelly Inn! The representative who handled my phone reservation was "Laura". Laura was happy, professional, and patient as I asked serveral questions regarding the room, amentities, dining, parking, internet access, and no telling what else. I could tell that she liked her job and was happy to serve me. After driving 4 hours and attending a 2 hour workshop, the four of us were tired and hungry. The hotel is conveniently located about 2-3 miles from the University and there is a Green Mill Restaurant adjacent to the hotel...how awesome was that! The check-in was quick and the front desk staff were friendly. The rooms...extra clean and appealing. Food at the restaurant was great. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to St. Cloud for the University, business, or pleasure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It is with many thanks that you took the time to review our hotel and I am equally happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us in St. Cloud. Our well respected Front Desk Associates truly are one of many wonderful assets to the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud, MN. I am happy to pass along the comments to our Front Desk Associate Laura and the rest of our crew as each member of our team truly does care and strives to go above and beyond for each of our guests before, during and after their stay. We hope to see you on your next travels.
Milltown, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is so close to everything you need to be near! Beautiful scenery along the river, and the staff (especially Vanessa) is super helpful and accommodating! We will stay here again when visiting my alma mater! Go Huskies :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn is truly the property to be at when staying in St. Cloud, MN. We are centrally located and just a few blocks away from many staple locations in St. Cloud. Just a few blocks away from St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud Hospital, Bars, Restaurants, Lake George, Munsinger Gardens and so much more there is something for everyone her in the heart of our amazing downtown property…The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn!
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Front desk staff, Vanessa and Jen were so helpful and friendly, providing us with a lot of information. The room was very clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable. We had a great view of the Mississippi river. We plan to stay here on every visit to St. Cloud. Great place to stay. We liked the downtown location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
From all of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our fine hotel. We are truly unique in the regards that we are the only hotel in St. Cloud, MN to be on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River. We have 18 different room types in the hotel, one sure to fit any need, and many rooms overlook the beautiful river and scenic view. For those looking for the downtown night life we are right in the heart of down tows as well close to many wonderful shops, restaurants and nightlife fun. Our knowledgeable staff is here to assist you in finding just what you are looking for whether it be for work or play. We hope to see you on your next travels.