“very good hotel”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Everyone on staff at st. cloud kelly Inn was very nice and helpful to me and my family. I really enjoyed my stay and the help I got from Vanessa was awsome! thank you.

Room Tip: A room with a nice river view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

From all of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn we appreciate you choosing our wonderful property for your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that Vanessa saw to it that your St. Cloud Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn experience was nothing less than exceptional. Cheers too many more travels and the hopes of your near return.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The front desk clerk Vanessa saved our weekend. We had made a reservation on line with expedia, when we got there they did not have our reservation. Of course expedia charged my card with the entire stay. Vanessa help us get the credit due and got us a room. The hotel itself is very nice, comfortable and clean. We had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property and our wonderful staff. It is with joy to hear that our Front Desk Attendant – Vanessa made your stay exceptional. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with your initial reservations through Expedia, but am very happy to hear that our staff member was able to make the difficulty into a positive experience. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn strive to make sure all of our guests have nothing less than the best experience! I invite you to come back and join us again soon if your travels take you through the St. Cloud area again. Warm regards!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in early February 2012. Rooms were very clean, but small. We had two people in the room - 4 adults would get pretty cramped - the beds are definitely "double"-sized. The Lions Club of MN had a conference while we were there. Our room was on the second floor with a window overlooking the pool area, where the Lions were apparently partying hard on Friday night. The walls are so thin that it sounded like the guy screaming "Yeahhhh!" at the top of his lungs for 3 straight hours was standing in the room with us. Had to run the room fan to try and drown him out. If you want to sleep before 1am in the morning, I would recommend you ask for a room away from the pool area/public areas and elevators, or maybe a different hotel. The breakfast in their restaurant isn't worth the price - you'll do better at Perkins which is a two-minute walk on the next block. Its in a good location if your visiting the university, and we had a group-discounted rate, which made it a decent value for us, but we visited others in our party at the Fairfield Inn in town and it looked like a better deal for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank D R

Thank you very much for taking time to write a response. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties during your stay and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud strives to meet all of our guests’ expectations whether you come in for a conference such as the Lions like you mentioned or the group you were staying with. Our hotel is unique in the sense that we do have 18 different room types, one is sure to suite all of your needs and exceed your expectations, and range from the most economically priced to your luxury suite for that special day. Our helpful front desk staff is always ready and willing to assist our guests with any difficulty, such as a noisy guest, and would be happy to address your concerns in a timely manner. Again, I truly do thank you for your review as it helps our hotel staff and any needed improvements.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were traveling from LaCrosse Wi to see my favorite uncle 90 years young, in Bemidji,MN.
He will be leaving us shortly so I wanted to spend time with him. I had looked online for someplace to shorten the car ride and picked your hotel. I had a price also. Vanessa greeted us with a huge smile and without having reservations, found the oerfect room and price for us. She also told places to go to relax and have a bite to eat. We loved all of it. She was AWSOME!!!!! Made everything peaceful....just what we needed. Thanks Vanessa!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

WONDERFUL! Congratulations to your Uncle on his Birthday of 90 years young! I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you chose our hotel to hang your hat for the night. It is with many thanks for reviewing our hotel and wonderful staff and your notes have been passed along happily. Our ALL STAR STAFF is what makes the difference here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn. From our Front Desk staff to Housekeeping, Maintenance and our Management staff, we are all here to ensure each and every one of our guests the best experience and nothing less than a warm smile as you walk through our front doors. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels and hope you will once again choose the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I were traveling through the area February 2nd and decided to stay in St. Cloud, MN. We drove past several hotels but decided to stay at the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, we usually stay at Best Western Hotels. The moment I walked into the hotels' lobby I was impressed with the neatness, cleanliness and the manor in-which the lobby was decorated. The cleanliness continued into our room (364). We met two desk clerks, Morgan and Janna. They assisted my wife and I with our check-in requirements with outstanding customer service. Later, I returned to the lobby and requested more assistance from Morgan and Jana and received the BEST customer service! They both assisted me without thinking of themselves or asking for anything in return. Both went above and beyond their call of duty. I would like these employees recognized for their outstanding customer service! Thanks to them my wife and I both had a wonderful stay at your hotel. We will continue to stay at Best Western Hotels!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard L
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that your experience was nothing less than exceptional. I am so very proud to say that we here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn have a very admirable staff who is always willing to go the extra mile for not only our guests but also each other. I appreciate you taking the time to honor our staff and your sentiments have been passed along to Morgan and Janna and we invite you back to again take advantage of our hotel, its amenities and the quality service we provide.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Staff is freiendly very accomadating, clean, and turn over of rooms is effecient and quick.

janna made our conference great was helpful and willing to find the answers when she wasnn't sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay and also conference. All of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn are thrilled that your conference went well also. Our friendly and helpful front desk staff is always here to make your stay relaxing and stress free. The compliments have been shared with Janna and the rest of our great team and we hope that your next stay and conference is nothing less than what you experienced this year! All our best!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were there for a family gathering - we reserved the Husky Room which is perfect for a large party group with a food prep area, 2 large TVs, and plenty of seating.
Our room was clean but very small. I didn't visit the pool but was told by family members it was crowded and out of towels.
The noise level was unacceptable - well after midnight there were loud groups yelling in the hall as well as a group of teenagers running up and down the hallway. We were close to the elevator and we could hear it every time the doors opened.
I will come here again to use the party room but won't stay overnight again.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room or suite (not standard) away from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

I truly apologize for not being able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay here with us. It is always our hopes that all guests find our accommodations a home away from home. Our front desk staff is always here to help make your stay as enjoyable as you anticipate. Regarding the noise level or any other guest concerns, I would always encourage guests to make a phone call to our front desk staff to let us know that there is a problem so we can remedy it for you and other guests that may also be experiencing the same discrepancies. I appreciate you taking time to let us know about your concerns and hope you find your next stay more enjoyable.