“Neat place from the outside” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boulder Tap House
Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Neat place from the outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The do have a large assortment of beers and decent food. Service was good. Plenty of TV's. I'd go back

Visited March 2014
1 Thank withvalidity

Minnesota
“Quality restaurant choice,great location when just coming into St Cloud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a newer option in town, and they have started off well. Very good menu selections, the wings are the second best in town (behind Buffalo Wild Wings) I love their salads I cannot even finish the full order ones. Tons of beers on tap and a ton of TV's. Great for groups. It is pretty wide open so can get a little loud when busy. Great place to catch a sports game.

1 Thank esport1
Sauk Rapids
“Great Place to Eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

You will love the burgers at Boulder Tap. They are excellent quality along with fries and delicious malts. Lots of Tap Beers and other beverages available. Kid friendly and great atmosphere. Never miss a sporting event with all the TV's. Love to go here!

1 Thank Sue W
Willmar, Minnesota
“Pleasantly Suprised.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

On our way through we chose this restaurant based on the location. Not being a huge burger fan I was at first bummed, however I was pleasantly surprised. What a great place to enjoy a meal with family. There are many choices besides burgers yet the burgers are crazy awesome. The banana shake is so yummy and the soup was delish! Our waitress seamed to be new?!? and a little disorganized, yet that didn't take from the food. Very good!

1 Thank TarenSteg
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Lots of hype and disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We've eaten here twice now and have been disappointed each time. The first time my husband and I ordered the cheese curds for an appetizer. They came out and I was expecting some grease- I mean, it is fried cheese- but they were greasy gross! It was as if they oil they fried them in was not hot enough so they sat in the oil and absorbed it.
Then came our meal- after waiting a very long time AND it was not busy at all. We were there about about 4:30pm on a Tuesday- there were only about 5 other tables in there with people at them. My husband got soup with his meal and as the server brought it out is splashed all over my food- how the server managed to do that is beyond me- and my sandwich, I got a patty melt, ended up soaked in soup and very soggy. Needless to say I was disappointed.
The service was slow, food was ok but overpriced for what you got in my opinion.
Because we heard good things about this place we decided to give it a second shot- maybe when we were there before it was an off day or something. So we decided to meet some friends there.
It was a Sunday at about 1pm, so we figured it would be busy, and we were right. However, what made it worse was the waitress constantly repeating that they are not usually busy so they are all running behind and the kitchen and the bar was really backed up. We ordered the chicken quesadilla- which was great- but when the server brought it to us we didn't get any plates and there were 4 of us sharing it. Finally when she came back I asked for some and a few minutes later when she came back, she only brought one and said that was all they had but would go and look for more. ~Seriously?!?! They ran out of clean plates!
Again it took a while for us to get our food (which was sort of expected) but it finally came. The food was better this time, but the overall experience wasn't great. Was actually a little embarrassed because we went there with friends from of town- disappointing that they can't say we brought them some place that was really good.

• Visited January 2014