“For bare minimum hotel, it was adequate especially for the...”
Review of Super 8 St. Cloud

Super 8 St. Cloud
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Look, I'm a pretty laid back person, and when I stay at places like this, I don't expect a 5 star experience. It takes a lot for me to write a review that does not have a lot of positives in it. Oh, and I used to be a Super 8 Motel housekeeper (at a different franchise). Trust me, they can do much better. Now for the positives:

1.Great location. It's located right off of Division Street, and it is located next to a Perkins, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, the Crossroads Mall, Granite City Food and Brewery, etc. It's a very short trip to St. Cloud Hospital, which was the purpose of our 3 night stay.
2. Some friendly staff. Not all of the staff, mind you, but some, particularly the morning/early afternoon receptionist.
3. Free wi-fi in room.
4. They let me bring my own food into the kitchen area during the day to use the toaster, etc., so my dad could stay on a low sodium diet.

That's it for the positives during my stay, which is sad. I've stayed here many times before, and I've never had any problems, but after this stay, I will not return.
1. The place is rundown. It is long past the time for a MAJOR change, both inside and out.
2. Our room was filthy. The bathroom floor was sticky. You could tell that the housekeeper was not cleaning in the corners, either. The rug needed a major cleaning. There was lint and hair in clumps in areas, popcorn under the bed-it was just gross. Half the outlets didn't work, either.
3. The halls, lobby, and vending areas were filthy. The whole place needed a serious cleaning.
4. They have a huge breakfast area, but not much to choose from.
5. I'm sorry, I am by no means even remotely close to wealthy, and they never used to have this issue, but some of the people staying there are suspect. We were in a non smoking room and area, but our neighbors were DEFINITELY smoking weed. A major fight broke out between a guy and his girlfriend while we were there. It started when I was outside cleaning off snow from my car, went inside (of course they were my neighbors), and went on for a good hour. Nothing but screaming and crying. The front was aware, and I was "this close" to calling the cops. Slamming doors were constant downstairs across the hall until about 1:00 AM on our last night-we have an idea why, but I won't post that here.
6. Most housekeepers, even at the Super 8 I worked at, have some sort of uniform or dress code. Here, they were wearing sweatpants and holey shirts and stuff. Not professional.
I could go on, but you guys get the idea. There are some great places to stay in St. Cloud, and this used to be a good option, but not so much anymore, in my opinion. I hope they clean up their act.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family