“Good Value and Pleasant Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Cloud West
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Mankato, Minnesota
“Good Value and Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a block book of rooms for $75 and were pleasantly suprised by the quality of the space. I stayed at another St. Cloud hotel (Holiday Inn) this summer and was a little disappointed. I would pick the Country Inn over the Holiday Inn in a New York minute.

The breakfast was good, the accomodations comfortable, and the experience very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again when traveling through St. Cloud.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank savedade
Jackie K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Cloud West, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
So glad that we could accomodate your group. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
new york ny
Reviewed October 12, 2012

From the moment you step in to this hotel you are met with a smile.Check in was a snap. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with new Flatscreens . Breakfast was standard eggs bacon, cereal,waffles and such. Fitness center has a new treadmill and pool and spa are larger then expected in a small hotel. Give this hotel a chance and you will leave with a smile of your own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jackie K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Cloud West, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for response for our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at many Country Inn & Suites around the midwest and this property by far is one of the nicest I have been to. Clean comfortable rooms. Walk or drive to many restuarants in the area. Breakfast had many choices and they were all good. The entrance of the elevator on each floor is enclosed by walls and a swing open door which made it difficult to get in and out with a luggage cart. The fitness room is very limited to one tredmill and an eliptical, no free weights or weight machine. Over all it was a nice stay with a good location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tlhaga, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Cloud West, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I would to take a moment to Thank You for taking the time to review our Hotel.
I am happy to see that your stay was a pleasant one. We are in the process of
updating our fitness center so we hope you will take advantage of the new look
on a future stay. Again, thank you for your input and we look forward to hosting you
again.
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was traveling to St. Cloud for a business meeting and did not get in until around midnight. I was greeted at the front desk by a very personable young man named Joe.

He offered me a nice big suite and I told him it was midnight and that I just needed a simple bed to fall into and get some sleep. When he told me the price I thought it was a little high and he worked with me on things like AAA memberships to get a rate that I could accept.

The room was clean and well stocked. I liked the nice toiletries that were provided. Nice size flat screen TV with a reasonable number of channel selections.

The one thing that I didn't like was that there was only a sheet and a comforter on the bed. I am a bit of a germ freak and always pull the comforter off the bed. So that left me with only the sheet.

I didn't go down for breakfast but it was free and available. Pool area looked nice and clean and is open 24 hours a day. Wi-fi was solid and I enjoyed a snicker doodle cookie from the front desk when I checked out.

When I left I wanted to change the card that they had billed at check in to a different one and Samantha was eager to help and very delightful.

Compared to some other Country Inn and Suites I have stayed at this one is showing it's age a little but nothing serious. I think that the price is a little too steep but overall I would say go for it if you are in the area. Lots of good restaurants and services are near by.

Room Tip: Second or third floor would likely be best to avoid the traffic of the lobby during busy times and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The complimentary breakfast at this Country Inn & Suites was exceptional - the eggs were real, not powdered as some had served us! All the food was great and the attendant was cheerful and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and well furnished, including a frig & microwave. This particular inn was especially good - but the Country Inn & Suites are generally great and a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

First, the qualification: We apparently got the last room in the hotel, which turned out to be a smoking room that (not surprisingly) smelled like smoke. I didn't even think to ask about this since it has been a long time since I've even stayed in a hotel that allowed smoking in any of its rooms. The person who checked us in didn't tell us this prior to renting it to us, which I think she should have. So, the qualification is to be sure to verify that the room is nonsmoking (if desired) before checking in.
Now for the good: The hotel was generally clean, comfortable, quiet, and the staff was very friendly. Nice pool and whirlpool, as well. Breakfast was very good. The best part of all, however, was the truly outstanding woman, Brenda, who manages the breakfast area: She was extremely sweet, kind, and helpful, and clearly went out of her way (and seemed to love it) to make sure her guests were happy. We would stay there again just to see her. (But in a non-smoking room this time!)

Room Tip: Ensure non-smoking room if a non-smoker
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Sky Country
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here without a reservation after the Fairfield in across the parking lot could not accommodation us. Nice room. Great breakfast. Kids had fun in pool and hot tube. All clean and vey friendly staff

• Stayed June 2012