“Good overnight experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Wisconsin
“Good overnight experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was traveling to St. Cloud for a business meeting and did not get in until around midnight. I was greeted at the front desk by a very personable young man named Joe.

He offered me a nice big suite and I told him it was midnight and that I just needed a simple bed to fall into and get some sleep. When he told me the price I thought it was a little high and he worked with me on things like AAA memberships to get a rate that I could accept.

The room was clean and well stocked. I liked the nice toiletries that were provided. Nice size flat screen TV with a reasonable number of channel selections.

The one thing that I didn't like was that there was only a sheet and a comforter on the bed. I am a bit of a germ freak and always pull the comforter off the bed. So that left me with only the sheet.

I didn't go down for breakfast but it was free and available. Pool area looked nice and clean and is open 24 hours a day. Wi-fi was solid and I enjoyed a snicker doodle cookie from the front desk when I checked out.

When I left I wanted to change the card that they had billed at check in to a different one and Samantha was eager to help and very delightful.

Compared to some other Country Inn and Suites I have stayed at this one is showing it's age a little but nothing serious. I think that the price is a little too steep but overall I would say go for it if you are in the area. Lots of good restaurants and services are near by.

Room Tip: Second or third floor would likely be best to avoid the traffic of the lobby during busy times and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Johnstown, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The complimentary breakfast at this Country Inn & Suites was exceptional - the eggs were real, not powdered as some had served us! All the food was great and the attendant was cheerful and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and well furnished, including a frig & microwave. This particular inn was especially good - but the Country Inn & Suites are generally great and a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

First, the qualification: We apparently got the last room in the hotel, which turned out to be a smoking room that (not surprisingly) smelled like smoke. I didn't even think to ask about this since it has been a long time since I've even stayed in a hotel that allowed smoking in any of its rooms. The person who checked us in didn't tell us this prior to renting it to us, which I think she should have. So, the qualification is to be sure to verify that the room is nonsmoking (if desired) before checking in.
Now for the good: The hotel was generally clean, comfortable, quiet, and the staff was very friendly. Nice pool and whirlpool, as well. Breakfast was very good. The best part of all, however, was the truly outstanding woman, Brenda, who manages the breakfast area: She was extremely sweet, kind, and helpful, and clearly went out of her way (and seemed to love it) to make sure her guests were happy. We would stay there again just to see her. (But in a non-smoking room this time!)

Room Tip: Ensure non-smoking room if a non-smoker
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Sky Country
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here without a reservation after the Fairfield in across the parking lot could not accommodation us. Nice room. Great breakfast. Kids had fun in pool and hot tube. All clean and vey friendly staff

• Stayed June 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

After two days on the road, their hot tub was a blessing, with powerful jets and a clean pool area. The room itself wasn't fancy but it was clean, nice, and super comfortable. The bed was absolutely wonderful--I slept so well that I didn't want to leave. Great pillows and a perfect mattress: not too soft, definitely not too hard (though my partner prefers a harder mattress). The continental breakfast was a little nicer than most, with eggs, sausage, gravy, oatmeal, along with the normal cereals, breads, and waffles. The staff was also attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel was very welcoming from when we walked in. EXCELLENT breakfast, pool area. The rooms are adequate, clean and the beds are mid grade quality.The only down side in the room was they have 3 pillows per bed. I asked for extra pillows and we were told that they were out. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sdhockeytraveler
minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My brother and I go to Country Inn about every 5 weeks for rest and visiting family.
We have always been very satisfied with everything including room, food, atmosphere and the staff. Especially Jackie, Brenda, Samantha and Mary. We have come to know them as friends.
They all make our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family