“Grand Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
“Grand Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We selected this hotel based on price but wondered if it would be a nice place. We were pleasantly surprised to find that it was as nice as we could ever expect. We were in a suite that was clean and inviting. The value based on the price we paid was excellent. There was a nice breakfast in the morning which we enjoyed. We would definetly recommend this hotel and we'll stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LifeIsGoodSt_Cloud, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel during your recent visit to St. Cloud. We are so happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. It is comments such as yours that help us to continue to be great in the hospitality industry. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in the St. Cloud area.

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel
St. Cloud, MN.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minot, North Dakota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently moved to North Dakota and with my new job I was unable to travel home for the holidays. My father was upset by my inability to come home for the holidays so we agreed to meet halfway between our homes. I quite literally picked this hotel because I thought the exterior looked nice and I saw very few bad reviews. To say the least, it was the best choice I've ever made, especially on a whim! The room they gave us was extremely nice with comfortable beds and extremly nice amenitites.The staff was incredibly accomodating and friendly, too. I was traveling with a dog and even then, this hotel excelled in kindness. Things took a turn for the worse during my stay and I ended up needing to leave sooner than expected to make it back to my home for a funeral. Typically, I would expect hassle from a hotel with having to change reservations even in the given the situation, but instead, the staff HERE at GrandStay went out of their way. They even found my FATHER another hotel to stay in on his way back south. Such actions blew my mind, and also renewed my faith in humanity. I would highly encourage anyone to stay at this hotel, I know I sure will if I ever get back to St. Cloud! Thank you again to all the staff at GrandStay St. Cloud for making my chaotic trip less stressful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LifeIsGoodSt_Cloud, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and for taking the time to share your experience with others. We take pride in our guests and the service that we provide. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for making GrandStay Residential Suites your hotel of choice and we value you as our guest. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels take you to the St. Cloud area.
Bristol Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our son attends SCSU. On three different occassions and after staying in three different hotels we finally found a hotel that we will now only stay in when visiting St. Cloud. The rooms are very large, clean and comfy. Wonderful breakfast in the morning and free coffee all day. The staff did everything to make us feel welcome. We feel at home here !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie53104
LifeIsGoodSt_Cloud, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are so very pleased that you have finally found your home away from home. Our staff takes pride in guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you the next time your journeys take you to the St. Cloud area.
Willmar, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed one evening on our way "up north." Upon entering the hotel, immediately noticed a strong "musty" odor. Although the hotel was well maintained and spotless, the odor lingered throughout the evening. Suspect it was due to the fact that there was no need for AC or heat-that time of the year. Opening the windows seemed to help but then we listened to endless road noise and lots of noisy college students.....no fault of the hotel. Mattress was VERY FIRM--too hard for our tastes...did not sleep well at all. Staff was excellent!!!!

Room Tip: Keep windows closed to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all your comments regarding your stay with us. We feel that it is comments such as yours that make us better at what we do. I hope that next time your travels bring you to the St. Cloud area that you will let us take care of you once again.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Came up to St. Cloud for a wedding and stayed here even though there were closer, similarly priced alternatives and the final decision was based on TA reviews. Loved the amenities and the rooms here and hadn't even realized the room came complete with a full sized refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, stove, etc... Missing is an oven, which is somewhat odd since they sold frozen pizzas in the 24-hour 'mini-mart' located on site. Wasn't an issue for me, but could be for some.
The only issue I encountered was the fact that I'd reserved a room with 2 queen beds but when given my room had a room with only one. Fortunately my brother had canceled on me last minute and I didn't end up kicking him out to the 'pull out couch'.
Other than that the place was great and I happily stay again. The staff was friendly and even had a set of jumper cables they let me use when I killed the battery on my vehicle by leaving the lights on.
Close to downtown, reasonably priced, friendly, and clean, plus extra amenities I hadn't even expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here only one night, but would have enjoyed even longer! Pool was small but clean, with a whirlpool. We enjoyed use of this. The room was actually a main area with kitchen with table which double as a desk, and two bedrooms, one of which had a queen, the other a double, (I think). Beds were clean and comfortable.When traveling with a group, which we did(my husband and myself, three adult "kids" and a 16 year old son, this accommodated us just fine!
Dewsk people were helpful and pleasant. We had no complaints at all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MichiganTtravelers
Farmington, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at GrandStay for three nights, while our daughter participated in an event at SCSU. The location was wonderful. We were able to walk to most activities on Campus as well as to dinner at local haunts.
The hotel is a bit tired, but they keep everything wonderfully clean. The staff treats everyone with a very pleasant and enjoyable demenour. They really go out of their way to inquire about your comfort and ask if you need anything. Their positive attitude makes up for the fatigued state of in room furniture. The bed is ok, buut could se replacing in the near future. The chairs in the room are a bit threadbare, but are functional. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family