“Excellent Value”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Peculiar, Missouri
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have traveled to St. Cloud many times, first time staying at this or any AmericInn. I booked the hotel based upon TripAdvisor rating/reviews and was not disappointed.

Location- right off of Hwy. 94, easily located via GPS device or Google Maps. The Lodge is at about 45 degrees to the highway, so if your room is on the South side (as mine was) you may hear a little traffic noise but it is not excessive and did not disturb me. At present there is a large, unused facility on the North side where, during my stay at least, a couple dozen tractor-trailers were over-night parking. They were far enough away that the sound of idling diesels wasn't significant, but your experience may differ. Parking at the AmericInn was sufficient for cars, light trucks, and motorcycles, but larger vehicles and vehicles with trailers may find parking a little challenging. If you get in there with a trailer you will be either backing out (not recommended) or pulling through the narrow "exit" across from the hotel's front door IF you can make the turn. With the close proximity of the large parking area to the North, a considerate Driver might chose to park there instead of within the AmericInn's parking lot.

Close proximity to McDonald's (blech), but if you venture just a little further there is a Subway sandwich shop at the South end of the small retail area adjacent to the Pilot Travel Center. If you are looking for sit-down dining you may have to drive into St. Cloud, a distance of a couple miles. Plenty of retail stores at that distance.

Facility- this is a fairly narrow property, parking being the only minor factor. The building and grounds appear to be well-kept. Parking lot well-lit and felt reasonably secure. I have to report that there was an incredibly strong cigarette smell at the entryway (outside), but as soon as you enter the building the smell goes away. Lobby was clean and neat, staff friendly and polite, no problems at all with check-in. The hotel was hosting a children's birthday party at the time, to me this says something good about the local perception of the facility. The interior hallway (lower level) was clean and odor-free.

Room- decently sized for a King. A Jacuzzi tub occupied about a third of the room. Although I have not immersed myself in water for decades (don't read that wrong, I am just a shower-type of person and swimming holds no attraction) I eventually gave into curiosity and tried the Jacuzzi...for about 10 seconds. The tub was quite small with two strangely-placed jets, and the pump was so loud that you might have been able to hear it in the parking lot. I felt that it would disturb my fellow travelers so I turned it off.

Mid-sized flat screen TV, clean and comfortable bed, small desk, small 'fridge, small microwave, pretty typical. Everything clean and in good repair. Very good (unsecured) WiFi in the room with very good throughput. I did not notice a provision for a cable connection. The bathroom was average sized for this sort of property, but clean and tidy with an ample supply of large, fresh towels. Plenty of hot water and water pressure was good.

Sleep quality- very good. No unusual hallway noises overnight, no unusual plumbing noises from adjacent rooms. Traffic noise minimal. Black-out curtains work as designed. Starting at about 5:00 AM there seemed to be a lot of door noise from the hallway (verging on door slamming), don't know what was up with that but I am up @ 5:00 anyway so no big deal.

Breakfast- the usual run of waffles, cereals, toast, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, milk, and yogurt. Undefinable egg product (I did not partake), but did not see a meat side when I was there. Grabbed a couple muffins and I was out the door.

Check out- I had to...negotiate...for a receipt. I had booked on-line, and the desk clerk suggested that my receipt should have been emailed. Although this is technically correct (I do receive a reservation conformation email), I prefer to have a copy of the document I signed when I checked in. This has saved me from billing mix-ups in the past. I eventually persuaded the clerk to run me a copy. No big deal, but a little strange.

All in all this was a good nights sleep at a good price-point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Wow! Thank you for the "Excellent" review on TripAdvisor. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have easy access from I94 and Co Rd 75. We actually have a 3rd restaurant very close by. Yes, McDonalds is just across the parking lot and Subway is across the street from that in a strip mall, at the north end of the strip mall is RJ's American Grill, an absolutely fabulous restaurant. Easily within walking distance.

You mentioned a birthday party going on in our party room at the time of your stay, we have many birthday parties, wedding and baby showers as well as family reunions and grooms dinners hosted in our party room.

We serve a Hot Homestyle Breakfast in the morning, we feature fresh belgian waffles and either cheddar cheese omelettes or sausage and eggs as our hot items, there are many, many cold items to choose from too.

Thank you again for choosing the AmericInn of St. Cloud, we look forward to your next visit.

Kathy Hage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a surprise when desperation forced us to pull intoa truck stop site in MN to see if there was a room for 2 very tired seniors..Yes indeed there was and what a room..Clean, comfortable, quiet, new, well priced ($74) and the breakfast was the best we have encountered at a hotel/motel except in Portugal..Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, toast, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, milk, yogurt..WiFi all included!!! An indoor pool was available also.Thanks to AmericInn, you were/are super!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your AmericInn of St. Cloud experience with other TripAdvisor travelers. We can't tell you how much it means to us that you enjoyed your stay here. We really do pride ourselves on our clean rooms and great service. Thank you for enjoying our breakfast as well. We have a large variety for every guest. We serve everything from waffles and sausage and eggs or omelettes to fresh baked UBR breakfast cookies (high in protein and good for you, but very tasty!) and muffns. Thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone.

CEDAR FALLS
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The room was clean and neat and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast room was well set up and the offerings were substantial. If we return to the area, we will probably stay here again. The employees were very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your AmericInn of St. Cloud experience with other TripAdvisor travelers. Word of mouth (and writing) means a lot to us. We are very happy that you found your stay with us a great experience. We do have a pretty substantial breakfast as you noted. We serve fresh made waffles, everyday. We even provide recipes to try different kinds like apple cinnamon oatmeal waffles and chocolate chip waffles. We also serve either omelettes or sausage and eggs with many other offerings available.

We are glad that you found our beds very comfortable. They have a pillowtop mattress on them to make them extra comfortable.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our family was happy to stay at this Americinn last weekend while visiting the local university. It was a great location close to the freeway, but not crowded. The reservation process was flawless. April took care of that and also our check-in and check-out. We found her to be efficient, friendly, and professional. Our room was a 2Queen and it was very comfortable. Kathy was kind enough to find us a micro and fridge for our room which really helped during our long weekend. We called ahead for availability and she did not hesitate to accomodate our request. The hotel was full for a conferance of some type but you wouldn't know it. It was very quiet. Our family used the salt-water pool and it was great. Very clean. We had breakfast and that had a nice choice of offerings. Having never stayed at an Americinn before, I was very pleased and would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The shopping package was a great value. If you visit this area, check out the Clemens Munsinger Gardens. It is lovely. For a great meal the Coyote Moon Grille at the Territory Golf Club. Seriously delicious! Also Bo Diddley's Deli in St. Joseph by College of Saint Benedict. St. Cloud is a great city. Americinn is a great place to stay while you enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the AmericInn of St. Cloud with other TripAdvisor travelers. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our great guest service and clean rooms. All of our suites have a refrigerator and microwave, however, at this time our 2 Queen bed rooms do not have them. We have some extras on hand anytime you need one, just ask and we are happy to accomodate this. We agree Munsinger and Clemens gardens are absolutely beautiful especially this time of year, they are a must see when in town.

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Thank you again.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were very impressed with our choice in lodging facility! The room, pool, staff and breakfast were all excellent! The special room package with a gift card was an awesome extra bonus! We also enjoyed the fact that we weren't in the middle of town and the motel wasn't loud or super busy. However, we were close enough to town to do everything we wanted to do without any inconvenience. We would highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed September 2012
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for the TripAdvisor review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our many packages that we offer. There are so many to choose from. We love our location. Easy to get on and off of I94 and yet close enough to town to do anything you want. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay with us.

Little Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed August 18, 2012

we are planing to come here for some classes and cant wait to stay with my fiancee. i love american inn cuz i got my room for half the price of the best western wanted to charge me 500.00 for 2 nights in the jauzzi suite with the romance package. same room and same package.

Room Tip: always call around at diffrent hotels to get the best price make sure u compare and you can save!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for letting other TripAdvisor travelers know about our AmericInn. We have many, many different packages available through our website or calling directly to the hotel. We hope you enjoyed your romance package when you stayed with us. Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of St. Cloud.

Iowa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Efficient check in. Attractive lobby and breakfast area. Clean comfortable room. Nice little breakfast with variety of choices. What more can you ask for!. We didn't use the pool, but it appeared to be very nice. I'd return anytime I was in in the area. This was my first visit at an AmericInn, but my experience here will make me a return visitor.

Room Tip: no elevator, so you will need to navigate stairs if you have a room on the second floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of St. Cloud and for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor travelers know about our location. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time.