“Don't Be Fooled by the Cover”
Review of Ace Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ace Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Wood Lake, MN
“Don't Be Fooled by the Cover”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Ace is not located in a classy part of town, the outside is rather nondescript. However, I thought the interior was welcoming and pleasant, and it appeared to be somewhat-recently updated. Our group of about 16 was seated in a comfortable area and our server was very attentive and prompt. We enjoyed appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks. My ribs were fork-tender, and the tiger cake was great. Other people in our party commented favorably about their selections as well. We were staying at the Kelly Inn/Le St. Germain hotels and the Ace is just a few minutes away by taxi.

• Visited January 2013

“Bad area,slow and rude service,high prices and the food was o.k.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A guy tried to sell me drugs in the parking lot right when we got there. Another tried to get money from me when we left. Bartender(Jordan i think) was rude and unhelpful.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Local dive bar.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The building is surrounded with smokers -'cuz they can't smoke inside. Menu & beer choices very limited, however it's the only place I know of that serves turtle. -haven't tried it yet. C-

Visited September 2012
Nisswa MN
“Excellent place to stop”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been stopping at the ACE for years. We like the food and they pour a nice drink as well. Nothing fancy, mind you, but good food and service. The Ace is a bit out of the way, so check out the map and make the 3 minute trip down St. Germain. Worth the visit.

• Visited September 2012
Millersville MD
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming here since I was a kid. Wish I could get here more often but 1200 miles is too far to come, even for great food and service. Their seasoned fries are the best! I know that isn't an item to rave about but, they are really good. Like their patty melt too. Only downside is that one of our steaks was undercooked big time but, it wasn't known by the rest of us till the end of the meal. Too late to send it back. Perhaps the staff should make sure it's done right when the meal is served. That's good customer service and everybody wins. If it's not good it can be fixed. And the server is a hero!

1 Thank dana21108