White Horse
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The cuban sandwich, one of my favorites, was very good. My husband had the Haddock and said it was good. After the previous comments on the servers I was wary. The service was more than adequate but the waitress appeared angry at the world . We just continued to smile to no avail. Since we did not enter to meet a new friend for life this was okay but I can see where it would definitely turn some people off.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We went in not knowing what to expect and we're pleasantly surprised. At first glance it seems to be an ordinary bar, but it's a lot more. The menu has nice variety and the bartender offered suggestions when asked. The mussels appetizer with Sriracha sauce had a great kick if you're into spicy and the pho was pretty amazing. Our waitress was prompt and pleasant. It was an enjoyable evening and we'll be back.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at White Horse four times now, because we want to like it. Decent food, nice room, but the staff is just too much for us. A ruder, more ignorant bunch I've never encountered. They seem to think that antisocial behavior, nonchalance, and glib remarks are hip. They are not. They are just rude and ignorant. I've never seen anything quite like it. The help behaves as if the patrons are crashing their private party. I asked for a wine recommendation, and the server rolled his eyes, made some impatient remark, and walked away. Another time, I asked a female server to read a couple of items on the menu for me, as I had forgotten my reading glasses and the print is made for fourth graders. She accused me of flirfting. Last night, as we finished our meal and wine, the server comes up and says, "So, you guys want to drink some more, or are you done?" I replied, "we don't know yet", so he came back, dropped a bill on our table, and that was that.

No restaurant, no food is good enough to put up with this. I imagine the attitude starts from the top, as the ower was there the whole time. As we were ready to leave, a server approached the owner with a bill, and within our earshot, loudly characterized his customers with an obscenity that even Trip Advisor refuses to print.

Unless you're a masochist who likes to pay for being ill-treated, run to the nearest competitor.

9  Thank Ignatius56
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This place has really nice specials. The chicken madras is our favorite. It is our favorite place because of the specials, the spice, and the atmosphere. It is a small establishment and beats the chain restaurants hands down. It is a small lively restaurant with a bit of an old tavern feel. If your looking for a good place downtown to eat, I'd go here or try Jule's Bistro nearby.

1  Thank 386trugrit
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Overbattered, dry calamari with very little calamari inside, alleged crab cakes that contained so little crab it could barely be discerned, and a pretty good beef salad. After reading the reviews and seeing the White Horse rated #1 in St Cloud, we were really disappointed. The best thing was the service. Our server did her best and remained nice in the face of our being completely underwhelmed. Beer selection was good and the vibe was fun. But we won't go back for the food.

3  Thank ActionPeas