“A gem in downtown St. Cloud”
Review of White Horse

White Horse
Ranked #2 of 169 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I almost hate to tell people how good the food is at the White Horse because it's already crowded there most nights. The atmosphere is very casual, no reservations and you have to stand near the bar watching to see when someone is about to leave so you can pounce on their table. The menu is very diverse, offering spicy specials and some great menu items. We've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. The Thai Holy Basil, crusted walleye, and butternut squash ravioli are favorites. Waiters are able to give recommendations based on your desire for spice. Staff is friendly but very busy and service is always good.

1  Thank MNmom535

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent unusual fair. Thai and Indian fare especially good. A bit noisy when busy. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food was well prepared and beautifully presented. There were a couple of minor critiques that were based on our personal preferences rather than the food quality. I had the almond crusted walleye, which was wonderfully crunchy and subtly sweet. I prefer savory, but that's just me. Husband had jäger schnitzel, which was nicely breaded and very tender. He'd have skipped the sauce. Will be back to try something new.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The mussels I ordered were so salty that they were inedible. I sat at the bar and the bartender brought me rice to cut it and then a whole bunch of yogurt. Still too salty to eat it and I love salt! You'd think they would have taken the mussels off my bill, but no. When I first go there, I asked the bartender what his favorite thing on the menu was and he said "I usually eat across the street". That should have been my first clue. He did recommend the Caesar salad which was the least stellar Caesar salad I've ever eaten. Very disappointed!

4  Thank IntegrityTraveler
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The almond crusted walleye with almond butter sauce was extraordinary...we went twice and loved it both times! A little pricey but well worth it!
A fun, informal restaurant with great food! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Marley A