“Nice place for Black Friday shopping”

Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Minnesota
“Nice place for Black Friday shopping”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stay here(Or the Homewood Suites across the parking lot) every year for Black Friday shopping. It is right across from Crossroads mall and close to many other stores. It is a nice clean hotel. We had a little kitchenette with a sink, fridge and microwave. There were extra outlets by all 3 beds(2 queens and sleeper sofa) for people to plug in phones and computers. Free internet too(wired and wireless)

This trip we had a problem with our bathtub faucet, we couldn't adjust the temp or turn it off. It took an hour to get maintenance and that cut into the morning plans, but someone did come and fix the problem. Nice regular checkout of 12pm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 4, 2012

While this Hampton is a good value, the amenities and service are truly lacking here.
We travel ALOT and are quite familiar with this chain and these rooms were clean but missing
the mini fridge and microwave. Also they were having computer issues. Somewhat disappointed with the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
STCLDHIS, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed in our amenities. We are always working on improving our guest rooms and experience. Refrigerators and microwaves are provided in our suites but not in our standard rooms. We can typically supply these amenities upon request based on availability. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We want you to come back and experience what our Hamptonality is all about.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at a number of Hampton Inns and have always enjoyed our stays. This is a fairly new Hampton. It is clean and comfortable. There are plenty of electrical outlets easily accessible for all our electronic stuff we need to plug in for charging. When we look for places to stay we look for free wifi first and formost. Then we look for places we know and like followed by a good deal. This place fits the bill. We got a good price through Hilton Honors, free wifi, free breakfast, and a clean comfortable room. Yes, I was suprised to see there was no small refrigerator. While we can live without it it does seem to be becoming the norm. If I were diabetic I would be upset at having to pay an extra fee to have a fridge for insulin. Ok, I'm a nurse and my dad was diabetic so I think of these things! Not quite sure what runs through the minds of architects but the elevator lobby access looks just like a guest room door so a number of times I am halfway down the hall before I realize I walked past the elevator lobby. Seems very odd to me that it would be designed this way. Would we stay here again? Absolutely. It is a great value for what you pay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stay at this property for several nights on business two or three times per year. This is a newer property. Rooms are always very clean, bed is comfy, the breakfast is good, and the property is well maintained. BUT - there are no fridges in the standard rooms. You need to pay for an upgraded room in order to get a small fridge. This seems foolish since nearly all medium level hotels have fridges in most of their rooms. If they would just put a small fridge in each room this hotel would be a 5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank B W
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here in 8/12 for 1night. We were pleasantly surprised by the luxurious room with very comfortable beds. Very clean. Though we didn't use it, the fitness room appeared to be very well stocked. Breakfast was surprisingly very good offering many options. The hotel decor was upscale urban. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights, upon my arrival there was no fridge/microwave in my room. I travel 100+ nights/year and not having these appliances in a HI&S was a first in a very long time.

I walked downstairs to request just a fridge and the person at the front desk was pretty short with me and told me that the only rooms that have them are the studios. I asked if there was a spare that they could loan me for my stay, and without even skipping a beat 'we don't have any spare fridges' was his response. I didnt bother asking if they could store things for me downstairs in their fridge, and the front desk person did not offer.

Staff seemed a bit rude and never greeted guests unless they were checking in.

The rooms are in decent shape and clean. Parking at night can be a challenge as it is a shared lot.

If you don't need a fridge/microwave, this HI&S is fine. If you need a fridge, you'd better book a room at the Homewood Suites across the way.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the 15 as that is a major artery. somewhere between the elev...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
STCLDHIS, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have spoken with our front desk about this matter and reminded them of our Hampton values. We are going to look at alternatives for spare fridges if a guest room doesn’t have one already. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamon member that has experience many stays at different properties around this country, I was very disappointed with the lack of services that this hotel provides to their guests. No refridgertors unless you want to upgrade and unlike any other Hampton (even the oldest 1980 unrenovated properties had better services than this Hampton!), this hotel did not have any refridgertors AT ALL to provide to guests. So in my pajamas I trypsed down to the service desk to put my fruit, milk and meat in their fridge. And take it out in the morning. Not fun. I would rather have been relaxing in my room.

I aw also surprised that as most Hamptons have for the guests, there were no warm cookies available in the late afternoon. It is a nice welcome when we check in, or come back from work. No such welcome here at the Hampton Inn St. Cloud.

The red toggle switch sparked and then fell off when I tried to turn on the coffee maker. Looking at the back end of the switch, it was blackened from the spark, how close was I to getting a shock? Perhaps corporate can look at better quality coffee makers since they are in use so often, and for the safety of your guests.

Called the front desk to request a wake up call. No answer after many rings. Hmm.. I could stay at the Homewood Suites rit across the parking lot as they have full kitchens, but i think I'll start my loyalty program elsewhere. Holiday Inns have fridges in every room, because they listen to the guests. I will not be back here a the St Cloud Hampton Inn again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St Cloud, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
First of all we want to thank you for your loyalty. We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the coffee maker in your guest suite to our maintenance team it they have addressed your concerns. We are happy to hear that you were not injured, as your safety is our number one priority. We also thank you for letting us know about this issue. We will take your comments to our entire staff as we feel that they can help us improve our customer experience. Again, we apologize for all the inconveniences that you encountered while you were here with us and we hope you will consider staying with us at again.