“Great service”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: phone 3202039000
Chaska, Minnesota
“Great service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a great lunch and the staff and service were perfect. Next time we get back we will stop again.....

• Visited June 2013

Annandale, Minnesota
“Business trip”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited Granite City again because I really do like this place. I stopped for supper on a Thursday evening about 6:30. It was busy but I was seated pretty fast and only waited a few minutes, when the manager stopped by my table to check if I had been waited on. I was really impressed that she was watching the service that closely. She asked me what I would like to drink and I told her I was also ready to order, so she took my order right away, put the order in and very shortly there after, a waitress stopped by and told me that my order had been placed and should come fairly soon and asked if there was anything else I would like. I was very impressed with how I was taken care of this evening. The food was great, as usual. I highly recommend this place.

“Hohum”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like Applebee's, Olive Garden - those sorts of chain restaurants, you'll like this place. If you want fresh, well prepared food - skip these guys. Beers were good, service fine, atmosphere average.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Head across the street to the Boulder Tap House instead!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We got seated at a high top right away. Our server was nice and brought us our drinks. We ordered dinner and my husband ordered soup and bread to start. After awhile our waitress came and said the soup would be awhile because they had to make a fresh batch. Would have been good, right? Wrong!

Soup came out but she said the bread wasn't ready. We took one bite each and it was cold. Brand new soup and it was ice cold! It took about seven minutes before she came back and when my husband told her it was cold (and still no bread) she got defensive immediately and told us the chef had put it up in the window for her to serve. Really? No apology? Did we want another? It wasn't her fault she said. My husband had to ask to see the manager. Before she came over our dinners arrived! Ha! We told that server to take it back and we were waiting for the manager.

When the manager came over and we told her what her server had told us, she did apologize and offered to get us something else. And then guess what arrives? The new soup and bread! We said we were done and the manager offered to go get our check. My husband said it was on them (we had one drink each) and she agreed and we walked out.

Since we were staying across the street and had walked over we looked and saw the Boulder Tap House across the street. They serve all kinds of beer, wings, and burgers. While its a little different type of restaurant we highly recommend it instead. You won't be disappointed!

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Safe choice for food, service and local brews”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had a dinner and lunch on a recent stay in St. Cloud and can recommend Granite City for quality and consistency, plus a friendly and competent wait staff. Had a good steak dinner one night (accompanied by a nice 25 ounce beer) and a tasty sandwich the next day. You wouldn't go here for chic fare, but just decent food well prepared and served.