“Clean, comfortable, friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I usually stay with family when I'm in the Twin Cities, but this time I chose to stay in a hotel. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, since I wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel. My room at the Fairfield was very clean and pleasant, spacious enough for my family of three, and had everything I needed (although a travel size bottle of lotion would have been much appreciated!). The staff was very friendly, able to accomodate some minor requests, and I appreciated the little extras I received as a Marriott Rewards member. I didn't find it to be as noisy as other reviewers have complained about, but I did have a room on the parking lot side.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Andrea A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Hi Sara-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Twin Cities!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville

Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the friendly welcome when checking in to the spotlessly clean room I had a good stay at the hotel. The only drawback is the hotel's proximity to the highway-- the street noise was quite loud. The front desk staff were very helpful- calling me a cab to be ready in the morning, helping me find a take out restaurant and setting up a wake up call.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Andrea A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your kind review with all of our staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Twin Cities!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Close to the University and Fairgrounds. Stayed there when we attended the Minnesota State Fair and when we moved our daughter to Hamline University. There is a complimentary shuttle to the fairgrounds just down the road from the hotel. The pool area was nice. The complimentary breakfast was very good. It was what we were looking for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Andrea A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. We do have a great location for visitors to the MN State Fair and to Hamline University. I would like to point out however for any future trip advisor readers of this review that our hotel does not offer shuttle service.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Roseville area!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose this hotel for a place to stay because so many reviews spoke highly of it. We found it to be clean and well decorated, but that was about it.
>It is a shoddily built structure which meant we heard everything.
>the towels were cheap and rough...never had a towel so rough on my skin.
>the mattresses were cheap and sagging.
>the heater/air conditioner worked very quietly, so quietly (which may be a plus for some folks), it wasn't blocking out any sound in the hotel.
>Additionally, one of the night clerks that checked us in was less than helpful. When we walked in the other clerk was busy with a customer. The one that ended up waiting on us just stared at us which made me think maybe she wasn't working at the front desk. She never welcomed us, never asked how she could help us. I had to initiate things by stepping up to the counter and saying that I had a reservation. When I asked for extra shampoo she acted like I had inconvenienced her.
>We saw same night clerk again the next evening in the eating area with who appeared to be her child....she never acknowledged us as hotel guests or asked if we had any needs. We tried to get coffee from the carafe but it was cold...which was a bummer to find at 7 PM in the evening. She never attempted to help us by making fresh coffee though she was sitting just a few feet away.

Though the hotel honored our requests to be away from the highway and elevators, we were then put right next to a stairwell--how that made sense to them was a bit confusing since we thought it seemed obvious we wanted a quiet location. From our room we could hear every footstep up and down the stairs for over an hour from 12 midnight to 1 AM. The headboard to the bed was even shaking. We could hear the shower upstairs running which was very loud and screeching, we could hear the cleaning lady vacuuming this same room at 10 the next morning. We could hear people talking and laughing outside, one floor down and around the corner of the building. We literally ended up buying a sound machine for our next evening which helped, but the headboard still rattled and we could still hear the shower upstairs running.We could have switched hotels, but we were so exhausted by the next morning we didn't have it in us to repack everything and search for a new location.

The eating area and lobby are small....claustrophobic feeling. There really isn't a lobby so much as an "area" about 6 x 10 that you walk through to get to the elevators...check in is on the right and the eating area and a few lounge chairs are to the left in an elongated but small format. Rooms upstairs run on the smaller side.

On our next visit we will return to Homewood Suites in New Brighton where we have stayed in the past and slept soundly while enjoying a lovely setting. A bit further away from where we wanted to be located, but still a much nicer stay for the same price--PLUS you have a mini kitchen in each room, whereas the Fairfield Inn only had a coffee maker, no mini frig or microwave in the room.

Cannot recommend this hotel....big, exhausting disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't stay here....you could do much better at a Homewood Suites for the same price with more am...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Andrea A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being adressed. We value all of our guests feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try us again here in Roseville the next time you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

What else could you want - a clean and quiet room, free internet, and a decent breakfast? A safe choice. If a Fairfield Inn is available, we choose it. Disclosure - I currently use points, but eventually, I'll be willing to pay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review following your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you visit us again on your next trip to Roseville!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is conveniently located right off 35W. The commute to downtown Minneapolis is approximately 10 - 15 minutes. The motel is located close to St. Paul and attractions such as the Como Park Zoo (FREE) are just minutes away. The Rosedale Mall is five minutes from the Fairfield Inn and many of restaurants around the mall to choose from.

The motel offered a free continental breakfast, the room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic…nothing to brag about.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Andrea A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Roseville. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate hearing your feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is one of the better Fairfields I’ve stayed in. It is located in a suburban business part of town, but within a short drive of Roseville Centre Mall with its excellent shops and restaurants. The reception was friendly and helpful volunteering a lot of useful information about the area. Even the towels, which in two other Fairfields I experienced on the same trip were very poor, were up to the standard of a superior hotel. It is close to the Interstate, but this did not create any noise to disturb me, although my room was on the side away from the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo