“Never again”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Never again”
Reviewed June 7, 2008

PRICELINERS BEWARE. Booked this facility through Priceline. Called them in advance and indicated my son had asthma and we needed a nonsmoking room. Was told they could not guarantee that but was assured it would not be a problem. Checked in and there was a young male and a young female (I believe her name was Jade) at the front desk. I checked again to make sure we had a non smoking room, and this is exactly what he told me: "You booked through Priceline. Those people are "SHOVED" into whatever smoking rooms we have left." Yes, he actually said SHOVED. I told him I had called in advance, that my son had asthma, and at that point Jade walked over and held her hands up and said "Yeah, well that's how it is." I told her it was obvious she didn't have asthma with a response like that. She couldn't have cared less. She was also there when we checked out in the morning - very unpleasant person.

As we were walking down the hallway to the room, you could smell the smoke as soon as we turned down that hallway. Lovely.

Went out for dinner, and when we came back, took the elevator with six others. The elevator got stuck. Tried the alarm, and also used the phone to call for assistance. The person who answered the phone was not at all surprised and said they would get maintenance there. Apparently they were in no hurry (surprise surprise) and after more than 20 min one of the men stuck with us was able to pry the doors open and we all literally jumped to the floor below to get out of the elevator.

The facility is quite run down. The room is nothing near a 3 star level. I have stayed at Days Inns which are nicer. When using the blow dryer you had to keep one hand on the wall plug or it fell out of the wall. The shower will certainly never blow anyone away.

The restaurant on site is VERY expensive. We went to Don Pablos for Mexican which was excellent.

I would never stay at this facility again. There are some very nice motels in Roseville, this is not one of them. Try Country Inn & Suites.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank mitcham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
duluth mn
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Me n my family were down there for a wedding the first nite we could not use the pool for a couple of hrs as they were haveing a snack party for some one and they did not even use the pool . in r room the wall where the shower handle is was missing drywall u had to hold the handle n screw around to get the water where u wanted it. another guest puked in the main bathroom n the house cleaner told him he had to clean it up what she get paid for? we moved to quailty inn and sweets what a great place i contacted the main raddison and was told they would get back to me its been a week and guess what never herd from any one

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — everything but the pool
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
arden hills
Reviewed February 14, 2008

im sorry but very bad! my fiance and i and two of our close friends stayed here saturday into super bowl sunday and i was very dissastisfied with our experiance. Granted we stayed in a smoking room but our room smelt horrible, it smelt like someone was there right before we walked in and smoked 10 packs of cigaretts. the room was so bad in one corner of the room the wallpaper was falling off! but the thing that really got me was that fact the we had accidentally left our digital camera there and there was "no records" of it. i personally believe that this is how you tell a good hotel form a bad one if you lose something they either send it to you or they kepp it in the lost and found. not steal it. if i were to find a camera and the only pictures on there were picture of a one year old daughter i would not steal it!! that was a gift from our baby shower and its sole purpose was for our daughter!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Denver CO
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Nice hotel in a great location. I travelled to the hotel on business. I was visiting our local office in Shoreview. About 10 minutes from the hotel. The hotel had a free shuttle service that promptly took me to the office every day.

The hotel staff far exceeded my expectations. Friendly and very willing to help in every way.

The room was comfortable. I liked the sleep number bed.

I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I travel back to the area.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Fitness Room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I tried every # on the Sleep Number Bed and I felt like I was sleeping on a cardboard box with some matting piled on top of it! I tossed and turned for hours until I fell asleep from sheer exhaustion! Woke up with a sore back and am still sore two days later. Never again! And this would apply to any hotel that offers this type of bed. Overall, cosmetically the hotel was okay. Did not use the pool so cannot comment on that. Could hear people going to their rooms after partying all night at the wedding dance in the hotel. Not a good experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I stayed at the Radisson for one night while visiting my company's office in St. Paul. The hotel was OK, but showing signs of needing a thorough cleaning. The desk chair in my room had a stain on the back that should have been seen and dealt with, the sliding closet door didn't slide easily (as though it was off the track), and the in-room
iron needed to be retired.

When I checked in (at 10:30 p.m.), the hotel's restaurant was closed (no surprise) so I asked for a restaurant recommendation. The desk clerk recommended a local sports bar and a nearby T.G.I. Friday's. I inquired about a sports bar I "had heard of" and the woman replied,
"Oh, I wouldn't go to that part of town at night." The sports bar is next door to our office, my colleagues were perplexed as to why the desk clerk would have made such a negative comment.

BOTTOM LINE: while it wasn't UNpleasant, I will look for another hotel next time I travel to St. Paul.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 11, 2006

The service at this property was excellent as was the food. Axel's restaurant is a great choice with lots of options. Sleep number beds are now in all of the rooms, which is a nice touch. Rooms seemed well-insulated as I didn't hear any hallway noises.

• Liked — service, cleanliness, restaurant
  • Disliked — location makes it best for business travelers -- not those seeking tourist attractions
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
University / Dinkytown
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#20 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North? Share your experiences!