“Time has changed this property”

Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when it first opened and it was wonderful. It was decorated so that you felt it was inviting you to relax and enjoy your surroundings. Sadly, that is no longer the case. The rooms have been "updated" with a shabby-chic vib… not good! While they've gotten rid of the plastic floral arrangements on the coffee table, the furniture is worn and old. The only window coverings are black plastic roller shades, which do black out the light, but also give the room a prison-cell feel. The exercise room is so tiny and packed with stuff that I had to climb over a man who was lifting free weights to get to a treadmill. The air quality in the room was questionable at best. The staff was friendly and helpful. This business trip stay was not like it was when the property first opened. For the price I paid, I should have stayed at a Hilton property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We take all of our guests feedback seriously and use it to best improve the quality of our hotel and service that we provide to our guests.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Plenty of parking, check-in was a breeze, and we received a complimentary upgrade to the room. The room itself was in good repair overall, except for a bath drain that had corroded from use/age (room 310). No, not a big deal overall, but it disappoints to know that housekeepers must know about this and either don't report it or report it and it goes un-addressed.

The breakfast in the morning was very good with an expected assortment of foods and beverages, but of most note was the upbeat attitude of the staff and the cleanliness of the food area as well as tables/chairs.

Would we stay again? Yes! We bring the drain stopper up as a note to management, and to frankly call out that there is a certain level of expectation and it really shouldn't be that difficult to maintain it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn Roseville. We will address the tub drain and have it replaced immediately. We work hard everyday to try and maintain the quality and cleanliness of our guest suites and appreciate feedback in order to continuously improve. I hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Roseville area.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went on Thanksgiving night for Two nights. The front desk Josh was so nice when we asked for another room away from people since we have a 1 yr old. Any time we went to get the huge breakfast the front desk said hello and were super friendly. The hotel was clean and very affordable. I would stay here anytime. I was so impressed at how nice and accommodating the staff was for all our needs.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom with kitchenette is perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Casey M
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I will share you nice comments with our staff. We hope to see you again the next time your are in the Roseville area!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Upon checking into this hotel I was charged 120.00 on my debit card for incidentals that I may or may not buy. I was not advised of this or I would have made different choices. I have been told that it will be 5-7 days till I receive my money back. I am very unhappy with how this was all handled.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank angiem915

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry about the confusion on the billing procedures of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just stayed at the Residence Inn in Roseville for $241 a night and I would compare it to a Motel 6. The linens were completely old and outdated. The beds were old and tired. The rooms just looked like they hadn't been updated in a very long time. The room also smelled like kitty litter when I first walked in. There were black bugs on the floor and upon closer inspection realized they were ants. I called down to the front desk and let them know but no one seemed to be too upset and said they'd send someone in the morning. I was really glad to leave.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give feedback in regards to your stay. I apologize that the experience you had in your room included a room that was not clean which caused ants in the suite. I assure you that this is not the standard practice at our property and will follow-up with our cleaning staff to address any issues so that this does not happen to a future guest. We will continue to make updates and improvemenst to our property to ensure that our guest have a comfortable stay.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The rooms were clean but definitely in need of being updated. I stay at Residence Inns across the country and was surprised this one was outdated. I assumed since it was in a corporate area that it would be newer. The beds were extremely soft. Not for everyone but I still slept ok, just couldn't do an entire week in it. The front desk staff was very courteous and professional.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear and share with my staff your comments in regards to the service you received. I will also pass along your comments to my corporate office in regards to the hotel being clean but outdated. We strive to keep the hotel clean and in good condition and will continue to make improvements.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in a Queen suite overlooking the basketball/tennis court. The property is in an Office Park. There are no eateries within walking distance. Room service is provided by a restaurant situated at the Courtyard by Marriott which is a 2 minute drive.

The mattress is a bit too soft for us. If one person shifted positions, the other felt it. The mattress on the sofabed in the living room is only 4-5 inches thick, so not the most comfortable either.

Reception was friendly and efficient. There was always someone at the Front Desk. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate was available round the clock in the lobby. A small nook with one guest computer and printer is situated behind the reception. Only one elevator. We usually took the stairs since our room was on the second floor. There are 4 luggage carts available.

Breakfast selection was good with reasonable quality. Some of the menu items differed on the 2nd day (example: French toast 1st day, pancakes on 2nd). In addition to the two waffle-makers, the accompaniments were fruit preserves, walnuts, canned whipped cream and chocolate chips. Nice selection of cold cereals as well as hot oatmeal. Activia yogurt instead of a generic brand. Someone was always on hand to replenish any food items.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review in regards to your stay with us! We appreciate all of the feedback from our customers as it ensures that we continue to provide the best service and product possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the Roseville area!