“Suites are spoiling us...”

Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Grafton, ND
“Suites are spoiling us...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. it is in a ideally located area, yet traffic noise was not a problem for us, people that ave lived on farms their entire lives. We had a two room suite with TWO bathrooms, a absolute necessity with a thirteen yer od daughter. With tax, this ran about $160.00 a night. High lodge tax is a fact of life in the Twin Cities, with Bloomington being the worst area. Another thing I liked about this hotel is it is located far enough away from downtown Minneapolis and downtown St. Paul. My only issue is these roomy little apartments are starting to spoil our family of four!! Suite also offered a gas fireplace.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NDfarmgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raymond, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend (Fri-Sun) for a conference in downtown Minnepolis. (It only took us about 15 minutes to get downtown.) There was a special through Expedia and we were able to get the room for $65 a night. I would have happily paid more.

When we checked in were were greeting by a friendly person at the front desk that explained everything about the free Wifi, pool, and breakfast. She was courteous and helpful.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed having the kitchen so we could make meals instead of going out, and the fridge had an ice maker right in the freezer which was nice. The bed was decent-nothing special. Everything was clean and updated.

The pool area was nice. Hottub could have been warmer but it was decent.

The breakfast was wonderful. Waffles, french toast, scrambled eggs, you name it they probably had it! Such a nice change from typical continental breakfasts.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definately stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CRuschen
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here for work recently and I was pleased with the facility. My suite was comfortable and quiet. I was happy with the little kitchen set up. I was there during Valentines day so it was such a relief to be able to stay in and cook myself a nice dinner. It was a very clean room and all of the appliances worked perfectly. The hotel staff was professional and pleasant. The one negative I will say is that the couch in my room was a bit worn and should be either replaced or reupholstered. Otherwise it was fine and an easy place to rewind and relax after a long day. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Kitkat147
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We bought a deal on Livingsocial.com where we got the room for two nights plus candy, popcorn, two movies, and a pizza delivered for $235. The room was spacious and well appointed. It had a full kitchen that we really didn't use but was nice to have just in case. The only thing I thought it lacked was a more updated bathroom and luggage rack. We had to place our luggage on the coffee table and the desk or the floor. Otherwise it was a great stay. The front desk staff was very accommodating and so personable. Lovely stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J9wings
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

What a great find. We booked this hotel as it was close to the State Fair - only for convenience sake and ended up loving it. Great kitchen, full breakfast, separate bedroom. Very clean and modern with fast internet - will definitely stay here again...perhaps even next week :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank xiphoid76
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I enjoyed staying here. The rooms are suites so there is a separate living area and bedroom. The kitchenette was very useful along with the dishwasher and small dining table. We have an 8 month old baby and were provided a play pen that had a soft custom-made cover for it so that my baby wasn't touching the actual bed. I liked that his bed was clean too. The hotel also put a little packaged toy in the bed for him. The sofa folds out into a bed but as one can expect from a sofa bed, it's just okay. No fault from the hotel, obviously. Very nice to have an additional bed. The bathroom wasn't anything special but it served its purpose. The sink was outside of the bathroom which was strange because that seems like what older hotels did. The hand and bath soap smelled terrible. I know hotel soap isn't always the best but this was definitely the worst. The queen bed was comfy and we were not at a loss for pillows. The hotel breakfast buffet was really impressive. Lots of delicious options and one could eat fattening stuff or heathly stuff. The pool was big and the hot tub was a decent size. I didn't see the gym. Even though this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, I would recommend it for the comfort level.

• Stayed August 2011
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights the weekend before Christmas. There was a lot of noise in the room next door at 4:30 a.m. the first night, but it was quiet the other two. The hotel was not crowded. The location is in the middle of nowhere. It is in an office park and very close to interstate 35. I could hear noise from the interstate, and we were not in a room that backed up to it. We were only there to sleep, so I don't know anything about the amenities. The staff ignored us the whole time which was ok, except at check in. We got there around 10 pm and I had to call out for someone to come to the desk to check us in. The first person who stuck her head out was rude, but the person who finally came out was nice.

I thought the bed was very comfortable, but the bedding was not warm enough for the low temps of Dec. The heat can be adjusted, but I like a cool room with a warm bed for sleeping. There was no heat in the bathroom and it was really cold when getting out of the shower in the mornings. Also no bathroom fan to turn on to alleviate outside noise.

We will go back only because it is the only suite hotel close to where we have family that we visit. BTW...I did get emails requesting comment from the manager and she did respond to my comments. The staff overall could use some training in friendliness and courteous treatment of the guests however. Cleaning crew that we saw in the hall was friendly, but we had requested "no service," so I can't comment on their work. The rooms were extremely clean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple