“Worse than the Terrible rating!”

Roseville Key Inn & Suites
Roseville Key Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights for weekend of moving college son and going to State Fair. Notwithstanding comments from former guests that the place is old....old is one thing but filth is another. From entering the lobby and checking in by desk clerk, who was too busy playing cards on the computer to be bothered until we called him, the entire trip was yucky. The elevator ran so slow and rickety that we chose to walk to the 3rd floor. The handles on the doors to stairwell nearly fell off in our hands, the stairwell was filthy, stick and smelly and clearly has never been mopped or cleaned. The carpeting in the hallway of the 3rd floor was littered with some kleenex and crushed food. The 2 days we unfortunately stayed there, they NEVER were cleaned. The lighting was dim and it smelled of dirt, mold and general nastiness. We would have immediately changed hotels had it not been a holiday weekend and the State Fair and lack of other hotel availability. Our room did not have cups, soap, or shampoo samples. We had 2 (unclean) towels and one washcloth. The tub had hair from former guests in it and a ring of dirt. No trash can, no kleenex and 1/2 roll toliet paper. The breakfast the next day was stale donuts and water downed coffee. The absolute best part of this nightmare was when we were checking out, and I handed the older Indian man manager our key cards at the desk. I stood there for a few moments before he ever looked up from the computer at the desk, with a piece of buttered toast munching in his mouth and dripping down his hand, to go with the big blob already on his shirt. I told him we were checking out and he mutely stood there. After I lay the keys on the counter, I proceeded to tell him that this was the filthiest hotel I had ever stayed at in my life, and his response, HONEST TO GOD, was to laugh out loud! He stood there with a stupid smile on his face as I told him about the horrors of the hotel and that they should be embarrassed of their business. He did not say a word except continue munching his toast and smile with his open and mouth full. So, my recommendation for anyone reading this.............RUN!!! You would be better off sleeping in the comforts of your own car than this dump.....IT'S HORRIBLE.....YUCK, FILTH, STINK AND ABSOLUTE DISRESPECT!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna S

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had excellent customer service from a long time desk clerk who had waited on us many times over the last years. It ended from there. There were two men ( a different nationality) obviously owners / managers/ or something. They never said a word just stood and watched everything that was done from the clerk checking us in to going behind the desk and looking at our information on the computer screens. I turned when we went through the door of our rooms just down the hall and they were back at the desk watching us. If I would have been able to get rooms somewhere else I would have checked out immediately. It was Our main floor rooms were basically clean in the bed area , but the bath tub had permanent stains and the faucet was loose with a hole that you could see into the back of it. Very little hot water upon check in no hot water at 10:30 P.M. The coffee pot had a piece missing, and the microwave had a broken open / close button.The drink machine on main floor was out of water so we were told there were machines on the above floors. Stepping out of the elevator was like stepping into another hotel completely. The halls were dimly lit, the carpets soiled and there was a smell that could not be identified. the machine didn't work and didn't refund the $2.00. We tried third floor scary, and scarier yet. Again the machine didn't work. We took the stairs back down to the first floor, went to our rooms and decided to leave for the State Fair. When we got back we wanted coffee, that's when we found out the machine was broken. The young man at the desk made a fresh pot in the breakfast room for me which I thought was very nice of him to do. The whole stay was for the most part uncomfortable with all of the non working appliances, no hot water for a shower after five hours hoofing it around the Fair. I really was spooked by the two men watching and speaking in their language so we didn't know what they were saying. Had I been traveling alone I would have never stayed, and don't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Halls were not cleaned. bedding had burn marks on them.
breakfast area was in good condition.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE this place is the worst I booked two nights here big mistake when we checked in they made me pay right away I paid in cash in full once we got to our room it smelled so bad of mold I got extremely sick I asked to change rooms the staff gave us a different room but when I went back to the moldy room to get my things the manager was there and started yelling at me about the air conditioner I told him I was sick from the mold and the air conditioner had nothing to do with it he continued to yell at me as I walked away once we got to the new room the shower did not work at all while we were gone they fixed the shower but the maid never came to clean the room so when we came back to the room that night we had a working shower but all of towels were dirty when it came to check out they told me i needed to pay despite paying at check in I won't get any compensation for this total nightmare I didn't expect a free stay but an apology would have been nice but what do they care they have my money don't make the same mistake as me avoid this place sadly the Hilton was only $30 more per night on hotels.com than what I paid for this dump look elsewhere please!

Room Tip: if you must stay here make sure the room is on the 4th floor and take the stairs the elevator is ver...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E V
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When I stayed in this hotel last year during the state fair time the staff was extremely courteous, and the sales manager was a huge assistance in booking my long term stay during such a crazy time of the year for the hotel. The friendly manager that helped me last year is no longer working there which made making reservations extremely difficult. After much confusion on behalf of the front desk I was able to book for a lesser amount of time than desired. The staff that checked me in were HORRIBLE! Not friendly, confused about everything: from how to spell my name to running my credit card (which made me incredibly nervous). The rooms are dirty, the breakfast ran out of cereal, eggs, skim milk, no bananas, etc, etc. I overheard one of the employees talking about there being new owners, and you can certainly tell the old owners cared a lot more than the current ones do. It's a real shame. I will not stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 479Tim92
Reviewed August 27, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at the Days Inn, in Roseville MN, a few nights a week for for over 2 years. There have been ups and downs over the years. One thing I could always count on was that the front desk staff were friendly, courteous and accommodating. Since the hotel was sold in early August 2013, I have noticed a gradual decrease in attention to cleanliness and lack of customer service by the new owners and the new staff they have hired (not the few staff retained from before the sale). I can ask for clean sheets, clean the bathroom before I use it and avoid walking barefoot on the dirty carpets. What I won't do is deal with staff/owners who are disrespectful, arrogant and condescending to customers who have continued to stay at the Days Inn through it's many other challenges (keys that don't work, water dripping through the ceilings, damage to cars and thefts in the parking lot, elevator that is very slow and sometimes doesn't work for days, etc) because the staff was always willing to help guests even when things went wrong. I suggest that if you have a choice you chose another hotel in Roseville (NOT the Super 8 because it has the same owners).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business