“TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Duluth, Minnesota
“TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE this place is the worst I booked two nights here big mistake when we checked in they made me pay right away I paid in cash in full once we got to our room it smelled so bad of mold I got extremely sick I asked to change rooms the staff gave us a different room but when I went back to the moldy room to get my things the manager was there and started yelling at me about the air conditioner I told him I was sick from the mold and the air conditioner had nothing to do with it he continued to yell at me as I walked away once we got to the new room the shower did not work at all while we were gone they fixed the shower but the maid never came to clean the room so when we came back to the room that night we had a working shower but all of towels were dirty when it came to check out they told me i needed to pay despite paying at check in I won't get any compensation for this total nightmare I didn't expect a free stay but an apology would have been nice but what do they care they have my money don't make the same mistake as me avoid this place sadly the Hilton was only $30 more per night on hotels.com than what I paid for this dump look elsewhere please!

Room Tip: if you must stay here make sure the room is on the 4th floor and take the stairs the elevator is ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When I stayed in this hotel last year during the state fair time the staff was extremely courteous, and the sales manager was a huge assistance in booking my long term stay during such a crazy time of the year for the hotel. The friendly manager that helped me last year is no longer working there which made making reservations extremely difficult. After much confusion on behalf of the front desk I was able to book for a lesser amount of time than desired. The staff that checked me in were HORRIBLE! Not friendly, confused about everything: from how to spell my name to running my credit card (which made me incredibly nervous). The rooms are dirty, the breakfast ran out of cereal, eggs, skim milk, no bananas, etc, etc. I overheard one of the employees talking about there being new owners, and you can certainly tell the old owners cared a lot more than the current ones do. It's a real shame. I will not stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 479Tim92
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at the Days Inn, in Roseville MN, a few nights a week for for over 2 years. There have been ups and downs over the years. One thing I could always count on was that the front desk staff were friendly, courteous and accommodating. Since the hotel was sold in early August 2013, I have noticed a gradual decrease in attention to cleanliness and lack of customer service by the new owners and the new staff they have hired (not the few staff retained from before the sale). I can ask for clean sheets, clean the bathroom before I use it and avoid walking barefoot on the dirty carpets. What I won't do is deal with staff/owners who are disrespectful, arrogant and condescending to customers who have continued to stay at the Days Inn through it's many other challenges (keys that don't work, water dripping through the ceilings, damage to cars and thefts in the parking lot, elevator that is very slow and sometimes doesn't work for days, etc) because the staff was always willing to help guests even when things went wrong. I suggest that if you have a choice you chose another hotel in Roseville (NOT the Super 8 because it has the same owners).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RosevilleReviewer
Burnsville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel was extremely dirty as well as having rude staff who also talked badly about guests while on the elevator with other guests. Be prepared to wait forever for the elevator, as it is the slowest one I've ever encountered. It takes about 7+ tries to get the door of room 313 to actually open. One bed was bowed badly in the middle, but on the plus side, the other bed was actually rather soft and comfy.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank crystalds79
Saint Peter
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel was dirty, sheets and blankets shabby, pillow smelled like urine, sink clogged up with water

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business