“Clean, affordable and a friendly staff!”

Roseville Key Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I must say the service was fantastic. I stayed for about a week and the workers are friendly and helpful. The room that I stayed in was nice and neat. The location is fantastic with many restaurants near by not to mention a shopping mall down the road. I definately recommend this hotel. Definitely a great value!

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Roseville Days Inn a couple of times because this is where the company I work for puts me. Not by choice.

I got home on this last trip and they charged me a $1.00 each night. A Safe Fee? For what? I didn't use the safe nor did I request a room with it. When I called to have this fee removed from my bill the girl, Megan, gave me an attitude about it.

At no time was I made aware of this "Safe Fee" or was it brough to my attention. They tell you to sign here, initial here... whatever. She tells me it's on the sign in sheet. Yeah, not that I saw.

So I told her it's her employees responsibility to make people aware of it.

I wouldn't be so mad if during my 3 days there, they would have been consistant. But two days I was charged and another I wasn't? How does that make sense.

Not to mention, the rooms are not that good. It's like a Motel 6, but more expensive. They don't remove the garbage, I found dental floss in my trash can. That tells me, they reuse the garbage bags or one of the cleaning people was taking time to floss their teeth. GROSS!

Oh yes, it smelled like wet dog!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank iamlarisa
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We found this motel to be subpar for the star rating. It is a two star motel that should probably be a one star. The room felt dirty, dank, and dark. The T.V remote did not work, the toilet seat was loose, and the air conditioner was inadequate. The sole front desk clerk was eager to help, but was not equipped to repair the broken items in our room and there were no others rooms to which we could transfer. A positive is that there is a somewhat interesting and tasty Indian restaurant located adjacent to the propert- staff there was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MiteMsispe
DaysInnRoseville, General Manager at Roseville Key Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Reviewer,
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered on your recent stay with us. Please know we have corrected these problems and will continue to monitor closely to make sure all items are in perfect working order. I appreciate the kind words about our Front desk staff and will pass on your review to ensure we better serve you and all customers in the future. If I can be of any further assistance and you would like to discuss your review further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lavita Arenas
Days Inn Roseville
651-636-6730

Reviewed October 24, 2010

...by staying here, unless you're just looking for a cheap place to crash for 1-2 nights, tops.

Stayed here a full week, based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Having done so, I find it would have been better if I'd followed the recommendations of the staff at the UMN Raptor Center, where I was taking my class. This spot is not on their 'recommended' list, and now I know why.

THE GOOD: Decently clean room, friendly enough staff, good housekeeping service, wireless Internet present and functional, microwave and mini-fridge present and functional, cheap per-night rate.

THE BAD: Paper-thin walls, resulting in horrendous noise problems from adjacent rooms, hotel management NOT effective in shutting down a noisy party which went from 02:30 until about 05:00 on my last night (be surprised if I got more than two hours sleep that night), extremely limited channel selection on the boob-tube (four ESPN, two superstations, two local stations, and something called 'LodgeNet' which seemed to be an enticement to spend big $$ on playing video games in the room), elevator was hot, noisy, and jerky, and the building itself had a general run-down appearance including peeling wallpaper in some locations. Oh, and the beds are little better than padded concrete slabs. This place is clearly overdue for a major renovation.

Also, there was the issue of occasional nauseating odors emanating from the alleged Indian restaurant next door.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO 'HUH?!' -- Those who know me know I'm pretty liberal when it comes to dress codes and personal expression. However, I would really prefer front desk staff who are not liberally decorated with lip rings, nose studs, and various other body piercings.

Unless you're traveling on an incredibly tight budget, I would spend a bit extra and stay at a better spot. This place was definitely not what I've come to expect from Days Inn generally, certainly not from locations with a two-diamond AAA rating.

Happier travels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank KC7GR
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed one night. Guests arguing over the relative danger they were in from the large dogs another guest was walking in the halls. Loud activity all night. Police in the parking lot. So dirty I didn't use my wash cloth after putting it down in the shower. Smell of smoke piped in via the vents. Absolutely no reason not to drive the rest of the way to wherever a person is going.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Stacy D
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Big room, clean, nice complimentary continental breakfast (free), and they gave me the Internet price when I asked. Right next door is one of the best Indian restaurants I've been at. The pillows are bad-- basically chunks of foam in a bag, but I had a good sleep.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lbsch2
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Due to unforseen circumstances we needed a hotel for one week immediately. With the GPS we found the Days Inn in the area where our conference was held. Everybody on duty was very friendly and helped us however they could, price was an exceptional value, breakfast was great, good beds. The hotel is located close to the Interstate, eating places are very close by, WiFi available. We would stay here any time again. The carpet in one room had some sticky places and needed to be cleaned (that was the only negative about the stay).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank LMurch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North
Days Inn ST. Paul-Minneapolis-Midway
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roseville, MN
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Roseville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Roseville Minneapolis
1 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville

Been to Roseville Key Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!