“Good food but quite messy.”

Old Country Buffet - Roseville
Ranked #74 of 99 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good food but quite messy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went with the family for dinner. The food was not only good, but better than ever. I loved thw pot roast!

On the down side, the buffet areas were not as clwan as normal, and half a dozen tables sat with dirty dishes the entire time we were there. Made the meal much less apealling, and less fun.

• Visited June 2013

“Bland food, trashy atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Yes, you get an unlimited pile of food for relatively little money. But, many of the food items are either bland, straight out of a can, or improperly cooked. Worst of all, at least for this particular location, the staff members were screaming into the kitchen in front of customers, as in, "Yo! I need more chicken fingers! Move it!" It feels more like a all-you-can-eat detention facility than a restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Smithers2013
Wisconsin, United States
“Different "Old Buffet"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was not the Old County Buffet that I am use to in WI. Food wasn't that great. The employees were too busy playing around with each other with food on the floor to care if you had a question. They closed early cause the SuperBowl was on that night.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank waddles39
minnesota
“It was better than I thought it would be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Great pop selection. Coffee was good. Some of the food was good, some was just ok. I liked the chicken. The ribs were kind of thin and chewy. They had shrimp pops with really good tartar sauce. The salad bad had some good items. I did not try the taco bar. The bathroom was pretty dirty. The restaurant was well lit and appeared clean. The staff was friendly and prompt. In general, I avoid buffets because everyone touches the serving spoons with their dirty hands. I tried not to touch any of my food with my fingers. Lots of kids running around digging through the buffet food. That was not too appealing. As I said though; the food was better than I thought it would be. All for ten bucks.

• Visited October 2011
Mankato, Minnesota
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We started with salads and the iceberg lettuce had brown wilty bits all over it. I was a little disappointed when I started but that was the only thing that needed improvement. The chicken, mac-cheese, meat loaf, and potatoes were all outstanding. I would most definitely go back.

1 Thank cwaxwing