“It was better than I thought it would be.”

Old Country Buffet - Roseville
Ranked #78 of 104 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Great pop selection. Coffee was good. Some of the food was good, some was just ok. I liked the chicken. The ribs were kind of thin and chewy. They had shrimp pops with really good tartar sauce. The salad bad had some good items. I did not try the taco bar. The bathroom was pretty dirty. The restaurant was well lit and appeared clean. The staff was friendly and prompt. In general, I avoid buffets because everyone touches the serving spoons with their dirty hands. I tried not to touch any of my food with my fingers. Lots of kids running around digging through the buffet food. That was not too appealing. As I said though; the food was better than I thought it would be. All for ten bucks.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

We started with salads and the iceberg lettuce had brown wilty bits all over it. I was a little disappointed when I started but that was the only thing that needed improvement. The chicken, mac-cheese, meat loaf, and potatoes were all outstanding. I would most definitely go back.

1  Thank cwaxwing
Reviewed February 23, 2010

When you are hungry and want quantity at a low price this is where you want to be. They have a large buffet with a range of selections. Recently they have been offering some new selections. The staff is welcoming and does pay attention to the trays at the buffet table and to clearing dishes from your table. While there are no "must have" dishes here, if you cannot find something you want you are a very picky eater indeed.

Some of the things on the minus side are: the place can get crowded; you do have to wait your turn at the serving spoons; if you do not like kids do not go here; and remember to season to your own taste. Also, a tip to the folks that pick-up from your table will get you better service on the next visit.

2  Thank MNCondoDude