“Crunchy Eggrolls”

Gold Fountain Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 116 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Used to go here all the time, Good crunchy eggrolls. Food was always really good. Woman in front of house always remembers you which is nice. Last time I was here found weird black pieces in eggroll, wasn't sure what it was..maybe just burnt veggies, but haven't been back since.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed April 21, 2015

Not fancy, but good. Dishes had lots of flavor, service is always good, and prices are right. Been here many times. Always enjoyed.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed January 12, 2015

I recently discovered that Gold Fountain has closed and some other Asian restaurant will be taking its place. I do not know if Ming retired (she's owned it since 1991) or if the business wasn't good, but I am extremely sad to see my favorite local hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant with the BEST egg rolls ever is closed. :(

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The prior reviewer nailed it. We have also been going to this place for some 20 or so years, so you know it is good. Love the food. I'd say it is a mix of Vietnamese and Chinese. The egg rolls are my fix item, and the hot and sour soup is my husband's. All the stir fries are great and you have to try the chow mein. It is unique. Yes, the decor is dated. I don't care. If this place closes, I will cry.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is a little hole in the wall with a Kung Pao chicken that I absolutely love and frequently crave. This is close to where I work and there are bunches of us who have been going there consistently for lunch for decades. The same people have owned it the entire time. I recently told them when they retire I will need to come to their house for my Kung Pao fix.
The place is a bit worn and dated, the service is consistent since they run the place themselves, and the food is always good. I have introduced many people to the establishment over the years and they all return again and again. You will too.

Date of visit: January 2012