“A very nice lunch!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped by for a lunch and were pleasantly surprised (given that our last visit many months a go was less than wonderful). Even though the restaurant was understaffed yesterday, those there did a fine job of taking care of us. Two of us had the weekend buffet, which was a nice combination of breakfast and, regular, Mexican fare (e.g., enchiladas, tacos, etc.). The third had the chicken sandwich and she was delighted with it. I, especially, enjoyed the enchiladas (a couple varieties). We'll be back.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 3, 2019

This place hasn't changed the inside since it was built. I might be old, but this place is OK with me. Reminds me of life when I grew up in Roseville. Back in a fun life. Menu didn't have combo platters that I would have liked. But what I ordered came with a variety of eats so I was happy. Wait staff was nice. Kept me updated on how the order was slow because the kitchen was so busy. But I thought the food came soon enough. Had flat screens that could be seen from where ever you sat. And best part being they carry the Fine Products of Coca-Cola to wash down the good food. But they do have booze too if your into that kind of thing.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

So, I’m planning on going in to order a Chimichanga to go. I have to order it at the bar which isn’t too busy. Ah! But they have a video trivia game going on to keep me busy while I wait. I ordered a really good, tasty, margarita, which was huge! As in large! Remember to tell them what size you want. And it wasn’t too expensive I might add. I couldn’t finish it tho.

I could see that they offer a buffet at some point in the day, but I forgot to inquire. Price point was medium. And I will go back to eat in. It was fun in in the bar, and I was sorry that my schedule wouldn’t allow me to change my take out order to eat in.

Oh, and I really enjoyed my chicken Chimichanga when I got home. Try it. I don’t know how authentic Mexican it is, but for Americanized Mexican, it was good.

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to find good Mexican food in Minnesota. This place didn’t disappoint. Good portions, though I could use more heat, and the tacos are awesome!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2018

I gotta tell you, this is not Mexican food. It is watered down, de-spiced and super bland. It is Mexican food by name and appearance only. In town for business I thought a margarita and a plate of spicy Mexican would be good on a cool evening. It was happy hour, 2 for 1 so ordering a premium margarita I had no idea these would be over 16 ounces each. I drank one and about 1/8 of the other. I don't know why they couldn't just give me one for half price, but the server Nina Z. did not offer it. She seemed very young and inexperienced. Her service was bad, but I think she tried so gave here a good tip regardless.
I ordered the Numero Cinco - two pork flautas with guacamole, sour cream and the usual rice and beans sides. Bland, bland, bland and nearly tasteless. As usual in Mexican places you get free chips and salsa. ... here it is a HUGE basket of chips, I could have filled up on that and skipped ordering food. Again, though it was a very large bowl of salsa, it was terribly bland. I will not dine here again and do not recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Frank P, Owner at Ol' Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your visit. We appreciate your feedback and are bummed you did not enjoy the food. There is no excuse for poor service and we apologize for your experience. We hope that you will be willing to give us another chance to change your opinion of us.