“70's with Large Flat Screen TV's”
Review of Ol' Mexico

Ol' Mexico
Ranked #59 of 113 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place hasn't changed the inside since it was built. I might be old, but this place is OK with me. Reminds me of life when I grew up in Roseville. Back in a fun life. Menu didn't have combo platters that I would have liked. But what I ordered came with a variety of eats so I was happy. Wait staff was nice. Kept me updated on how the order was slow because the kitchen was so busy. But I thought the food came soon enough. Had flat screens that could be seen from where ever you sat. And best part being they carry the Fine Products of Coca-Cola to wash down the good food. But they do have booze too if your into that kind of thing.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

So, I’m planning on going in to order a Chimichanga to go. I have to order it at the bar which isn’t too busy. Ah! But they have a video trivia game going on to keep me busy while I wait. I ordered a really good, tasty, margarita, which was huge! As in large! Remember to tell them what size you want. And it wasn’t too expensive I might add. I couldn’t finish it tho.

I could see that they offer a buffet at some point in the day, but I forgot to inquire. Price point was medium. And I will go back to eat in. It was fun in in the bar, and I was sorry that my schedule wouldn’t allow me to change my take out order to eat in.

Oh, and I really enjoyed my chicken Chimichanga when I got home. Try it. I don’t know how authentic Mexican it is, but for Americanized Mexican, it was good.

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to find good Mexican food in Minnesota. This place didn’t disappoint. Good portions, though I could use more heat, and the tacos are awesome!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2018

I gotta tell you, this is not Mexican food. It is watered down, de-spiced and super bland. It is Mexican food by name and appearance only. In town for business I thought a margarita and a plate of spicy Mexican would be good on a cool evening. It was happy hour, 2 for 1 so ordering a premium margarita I had no idea these would be over 16 ounces each. I drank one and about 1/8 of the other. I don't know why they couldn't just give me one for half price, but the server Nina Z. did not offer it. She seemed very young and inexperienced. Her service was bad, but I think she tried so gave here a good tip regardless.
I ordered the Numero Cinco - two pork flautas with guacamole, sour cream and the usual rice and beans sides. Bland, bland, bland and nearly tasteless. As usual in Mexican places you get free chips and salsa. ... here it is a HUGE basket of chips, I could have filled up on that and skipped ordering food. Again, though it was a very large bowl of salsa, it was terribly bland. I will not dine here again and do not recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Frank P, Owner at Ol' Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your visit. We appreciate your feedback and are bummed you did not enjoy the food. There is no excuse for poor service and we apologize for your experience. We hope that you will be willing to give us another chance to change your opinion of us.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Four forty year friends meet yearly to plat Sheepshead. After 140 games we went for a food break. We went to Ol Mexico. Do not go on NFL Sunday’s. The bar crew is too busyt to notice anyone. No one there to seat us in a booth. Long delay, almost had us leaving. Finally, seated Teachen saved the day with her efforts as our waitress. Meal requested w/o onions. Yes, of course it came with onions. But, Teachen had them scraped off. The margarita’s were poor to watery. The dinners/ meals were fine. No room for dessert. But the initial delay and neglect says “do not return” especially on football game days.

Date of visit: October 2018
Frank P, Owner at Ol' Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hey Joseph, thanks for taking some time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us. We hope you're willing to give us another shot in the future so we have the opportunity to make it up to you.