“Late Arrival” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Atwater
“Late Arrival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

This Courtyard By Marriott, is conveniently located to Roseville Mall, as well as excellent choices for Dining. They were doing some remodeling within the Hotel, but that did not have any effect on the services they offer.
We were greeted by Billy, and excellent representative for the Hotel. He quickly mentioned the remodel, and that all services were still offered. And he was not wrong. I walked out of our room with and Ice Bucket in hand, and a Hotel staff person immediately recognized my search for the ice machine. He immediately assisted, and the bucket was filled. This may seem like a small gesture, but I was treated as a guest, not just another customer.

Room Tip: I think in the spring, a room overlooking the Courtyard would be nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville.

You indicated in your response that your stay was satisfactory. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to meet and exceed expectations so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Last weekend was the coldest weekend in Roseville, Minnesota, since 1996. Living in The Valley of the Sun in Arizona, my wife and I were concerned about being in town for my mother's 89th birthday with such a frozen tundra forecast! Despite the incredibly cold temperatures outside, our experience inside was warm and wonderful! Billy Hanson, Assistant General Manager, gave me a warm welcome upon arrival. He had arranged for two connecting rooms for our stay on the top floor that offered a king size bed and sofa as well as two queen size beds since our son from California was joining us for the weekend. We had some concerns that he quickly and professionally addressed to our satisfaction. The accommodations were excellent, especially the comfortable beds. I appreciated that our room was in a quiet area, away from the elevators and loud guests. The room had a beautiful balcony which we chose not to use due to the frigid conditions outside, but certainly would be a relaxing place in warmer temperatures. Kelsey Anderson, Front Desk, was very cheerful and helpful in answering any questions I had. I love the way she anticipates a guest's needs. Jennifer Sherwin, Head of Housekeeping, did a great job following up on the service we were receiving for our rooms. She personally came to our room to make sure we were happy with our service and wanted to know if we had any special requests. Finally, I want to mention Mikenize Kruse, Front Desk, who was our first contact with the hotel back in September when our first reservation was made. It was very clear from that moment on how much she values the guests that she serves. Her positive eye contact, never-ending smile, and warm personality make that clear. It is her commitment, and the commitment of those who serve with her, to provide a hassle-free, personalized, and totally enjoyable lodging experience that will bring my wife and me back to the Courtyard in Roseville, Minnesota, on a regular basis in the future!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are the quietest, away from freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

You indicated in your response that your stay was to your staisfaction. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to maintain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Albert Lea, Minnesota, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The room at the hotel was comfortable - coffee machine a bit of a disappointment as only made 1 cup - and there was only 1 packet of regular, so could not make another cup . There were 3 adults in the room -

Disappointed that for the price, not even a donut or muffin - the price of the breakfast that was available was excessive for me. Doubt is we will stay again even if close to family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

You indicated in your response that a few items during your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. The Courtyard by Marriott Brand is transitioning into the Bistro format. We were one of the last properties to make this transition. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip. There were a few disappointing situations during my stay: 1. The vending machines on the 2nd and 3rd floor were out of order all three days. It is really not convenient to go to the lobby and pay twice as much for a bottle of water! 2. The onsite restuarant was closed Sunday evening. I had checked the website prior to my arrival to see if the restuarant would be open because I know there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. There was nothing on the website to indicate it would be closed. There were no signs in the lobby to indicate it was closed when I arrived. When I was ready for dinner, imagine my surprise to find it closed! 3. The fitness center does not open until 6 am. I had a 7 am breakfast meeting. There was no way I could get in a workout and get ready in less than 30 minutes. The majority of hotels in which I've stayed recently have their fitness centers open 24/7. Why do you need to have hours? No one works there. Guests use their room key to access to room. 4. Horrible, pungent odor. There was a horrible odor in the lobby on Monday evening. It was like glue or paint. It was truly sickening if you had to be in the lobby or first floor for any length of time. I wish I could say I didn't have to stay here again but it is the hotel my company uses in the area. I will; however, be making a suggestion to at least look at other options!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely disappointed about the inability to better the situation from our staff you experienced at our location. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to discuss this furthermore and gather more detailed information prior to your departure. As for the soda machines, they were out of order during your stay and we would have been more than happy to accomodate the price difference at the front desk. In regards to your comments about the restaurant and fitness center, both hours of operation are posted throughout the hotel as well as the hotels website. The fitness center is indeed open 24 hours 7 days a week. However, the pool located right next to the fitness center is not open until 6am. Our restaurant is closed on Sunday evenings and we have several other options available at the front desk for those needing dining options. I do feel your frustration and would like to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff for the inconvenience or confusion that we may have caused during your stay.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and at times we fail to do so. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and avoid experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to make us better. Again, I do apologize and thank you at the same time.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hi,
Every thing is clean. the staff is friendly. But this may be worst stay in a hotel, bed and breakfast, airbnb, you name it in years and I was in eastern Europe shortly after the wall fell. Zowee..
#1. I am told I should have checked in last night and the hotel is fully booked tonight. They will see what they can do. All very nice and polite. But no room for me here.
#2. The conference organizer happens to be in the lobby and has a copy of the room reservations as sent out by the hotel.
#3. Suddenly, a room is available.

But what makes this place horrible are the fumes. Staff say the patio was repaired today and sealed with something. So this isn't even in the hotel proper. I wonder if anyone will be waking up with head aches. This can not be healthy. No health inspection organization would allow this place to operate with these conditions.

Forecast is for snow and every time the heater kicks-in it pumps the fumes into the room.

Nice polite, friendly Minnesotans, but still. I know the Marriott is organized as a REIT so it doesn't pay corporate taxes, but it should be a little concerned about the health of customers.

wayne iNWI

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely disappointed about the inability to better the situation from our staff you recently experienced at our location. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to discuss this furthermore and gather more detailed information prior to your departure. I do feel your frustration and would like to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff for the inconvenience that we may have caused during your stay. In order to continue to maintain our high level of standards and meet the needs and expecatctions of our guests, at times we need to not only upgrade but renovate our product as well. We did redo our patio area to be able to better serve our valued guest like yourself and unfortunately needed to "seal" the new concrete. The process did take a little longer than anticipated leading the fumes to linger longer than we had hoped for. My team did "ozone" the entire first floor to minimize the fumes and purchased several odor diffusers to help betteer the situation. We also had the inspector from the Minnesaota Heath Department on property prior to the redo as well as afterwards to ensure all areas of operation were safe for our guests. The inspector found no areas of concern the follwoing morning as well.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and at times we fail to do so. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and avoid experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to make us better. I do feel that we could have done a better job and with that being said, I would like to apologize and thank you again at the same time.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The room was fine. Clean and quiet. Front desk was more than accommodating. Restaurant was closed so they brought me a microwave. There was a frig in the room. I appreciated her attentiveness and assistance very much. The parking had very easy access to my room since I was alone I appreciated that.

Room Tip: I stay in Roseville quite a bit but never stayed here before and will stay again .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely pleased about your comments and appreciate the level of service from our staff you recently experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback as its one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members fro a job well done.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's so refreshing staying at a Courtyard with a full service bar and grill. The remodels at most properties are disappointing. The furniture in the restaurant is starting to show its age but again much better than the cookie cutter bistros in most locations. The room was what you'd expect,a little plain for the inflated twin cities rate you'll pay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TripMember0725202016
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely pleased with your comments and the service you recently experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roseville
Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville? Share your experiences!