“Super duper egg rolls!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: More than 40 year old restaurant, great for families
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday afternoon for some Chinese as i have been coming here for years. Got the daily wok special (Monday - Saturday) It is a great deal for only $8.15 but of course the one I wanted did not come with an egg roll so i ordered one separately ($3.50) I had the sesame pork & partner had the chicken almond meal. The chicken meal was very very fresh with lots of chicken & fresh veggies. I had plenty left over to take some home for another meal. I must say the egg rolls are amazing! The seating is plentiful & service is quick.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Went there with friends, excellent service, even better food! Specializes in Asian food but has full american menu as well. Big portions, excellent food.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Walking in to House of Wong, I was struck by the deteriorating condition of the space. Wallpaper is peeling, repairs done with duct tape. However, I am merely observing this, and it has nothing to do with the food or service. Both of which I greatly appreciated.
The options are legion. You may enjoy traditional "American" fare as well as those dishes you would expect from a Chinese restaurant in the U.S.
I enjoyed the General Tsao's chicken. The portion was quite large, and the side of white rice very generous as well. The chicken and vegetables were fresh and tasty. I would cook broccoli a little bit more, but it was good enough. The carrot and mushroom were perfect. I enjoyed the hoizin sauce too. Desert was a choice of ice cream or pie. I chose pie, and do not regret it. I think this is a hidden gem in St. Paul, and something you should make a point of trying.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 15, 2017

I hadn't been to Wong's for 20+ years. I was visiting family in the area and we went for dinner. Their menu is huge. Not only Chinese food but also sandwiches and other things.
I had the Pork Fried Rice, was excellent, best I've had in a long time. My Dad had their turkey sandwich. He said it was excellent.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This has been a family favorite for years and for the first time in ages we decided to stop again. Never disappointed in anything on the large menu. The size of my plate was unbelievable as I could only eat about half of it. Have tried to find a place in a lot of cities to equal the meal and to this day have not. A must place to eat if in the area.

Date of visit: July 2017