“Hours and vegetables”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: More than 40 year old restaurant, great for families
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a business meeting planned here, there were no posted hours of operation. The doors were locked at 11am with no signs of when they would be open. Enjoyed the atmosphere in the past here, and a friend of mine still is fond of this place after her child had been employed here. Ate here once, food was average, and the vegetables were larges chunks of celery and onion. Disappointed we were not able to eat out here as we had been looking forward to it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Their food is only average. It used to be my favorite place to go for Chinese food. Tables too close and portion size has gone down. We used to be able to share a meal, now often times we need to add-on to our order because the portion was too small to share. It seems that there is more fillers to the food too. Chow main has more celery then before and less chicken.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the very best place in the country to have fried rice, they have a house special fried rice that's out of this world! I order it every time I go there and it is always fabulous!!
A great place to eat, broad menu with lot's of great choices of oriental, American and other favorites, priced very, very reasonable. Service a great and the servers are even better.
I drive out of my way to go there.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have tried Chicken Chow Mein in many Chinese restaurants, looking for what I remember eating as a kid with my Dad....the search is over! I am so excited that I have a place to go where I know I'm going to get what I am looking for. The "gravy" is thick and delicious, the celery cooked and not crunchy, served over crisp noodles with white or fried rice. I have had better cream cheese wontons, but I was so full from the chow mein that I didn't have much room left.....had to take home the desert pie that came with the meal as well. Came with 3 others and everyone else enjoyed their food as well. Large quantities of food at reasonable prices. Busy,but we didn't have to wait for a table (the place is quite large). The food I saw on tables as we passed through all looked good and it was apparent that the place has a lot of regulars, I will become one now too!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

House of Wong is a treat from the time you walk in the door until you leave. The décor is classy '50's, subdued and very well maintained. Service was super friendly and lightening quick. The menu is huge with American and Italian entrees as well as the Chinese. We chose shrimp and vegetables and curry with beef, chicken and shrimp. The food was very good and reasonably priced considering the ambiance. We got there early and by the time we were leaving the place was almost full and it is a big place. Separate areas for dine in and pick up help things run smoothly. House of Wong is also a comfortable place for those dining alone, judging by the number of singles we saw eating there. We look forward to our next trip.

1  Thank aging1