“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Biwabik, Minnesota
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my husband, quick stop on a business trip. He felt like he should sleep in his clothes. Dirty and run down. Guess that's what you get for $59. Room was marginally clean, sheets and room furnishings old and tattered. Everything needs updating, marginal service.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Chrissy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The room was ok - no better than that. There was a smoke stain/burn on the carpet. The room was very small. There are plenty of restaurants (dining and fast food) nearby, as well as the mall. Very accessible to the highway. Unfortunately, while I was trying to get to bed near midnight/1am, I could hear "neighbors" talking - or at least that's what my boyfriend was trying to convince me of. Being a paranoid person that I am, I'll never go back unless I have to.

Room Tip: This was a last minute option - plus close to home. If you're looking for a weekend getaway, thi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Well this place is really cheap I'll give it that. If that is your only concern then this is your place. It is otherwise quite grimy and has not been updated since the 1990s. Quite depressing actually.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank akdoghouse
LaSalle, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

O.k. I really wish I had seen these reviews when I was searching for a hotel for my family to stay. My husband arrived and found the front desk locked up. This was around 9 pm. He was ready to leave, but we figured we had already paid for the room, so what do you do? We called the 800 number and they couldn't get a hold of anyone. Apparently there was only 1 person working there and he was closing up the pool for the night. Then they get a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking....were told that was all the rooms they had left. Poor water pressure...hard water...no coffee.... NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN even if it's close to the State Fairgrounds!

Room Tip: Drive to another location!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was the only time I've been told by a police officer patrolling the grounds that it wasn't safe to stay at this property. And really - there wasn't even carpeting on the floor! I would avoid this place at all costs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bucheon, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have stayed in many Motel 6's over the years. I was truly frightened by the reviews posted on Tripadvisor about this Motel 6, but I needed a place to stay and I'm no Daddy Warbucks. So I went for it. Not a bad stay. This Motel 6 is a little out-of-the-way, about 20 minutes from anything cool in Minneapolis or Saint Paul. I stayed in room 339, non-smoking. No problems. Clean bathroom, no hairs, no smell in the room. Sheets were old (cigarette burns) but clean. I spent one night in room 314 (I think) on my first night because one of the room attendants didn't show, so they were short-handed. Got a discount, but the room was a smoking one, so yeah. All the staff were kind to me. Ask for something on the top floor - usually people with cats/extended stays don't want to trudge up the steps.

Room Tip: Room 339 is a good, clean, not smelly non-smoking room. Excellent sunset view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cass Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel in the past, wasn't that bad...you get what you pay for. However, our last stay on 7/20/13 was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The room was located on the bottom floor and reeked of cat urine/cat spray throughout the entire room including the bathroom & shower. The floors were dirty as if they weren't vacuumed in weeks. The towels were stained and the bathroom was unclean with hair stuck in the shower drain and shower curtain...had to shower with sandals on. YUCK.

Room Tip: Since it is pet friendly, ask to see the room before you check in to verify cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ilovetuscany13 - We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. These conditions are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Radisson Hotel Roseville
#2 of 11 in Roseville
4.0 of 5 stars 466 reviews
University / Dinkytown
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#20 of 44 in Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 stars 937 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!