“Clean, comfortable, friendly. We'll be back.”

North Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Roseau
Reviewed July 26, 2011

There isn't much to choose from in Roseau so thought I'd better give my reviews of the two places we stayed. North Country Inn is a great place to stay. Reasonable prices, everything you need, and very friendly. My only criticism is that there was no skirt on the box springs on the mattress. Not sure if that was just our room or if that was the usual, but that doesn't make me feel like it is the best situation. Other than that, everything was just fine. Friendly reception at check-in, room was a little dark with a dark paint on the walls, wi-fi was free,flat screen TV in room, in-door pool and hot tub was in use often, free breakfast was the usual cereal, waffles, toast, ect that you find in 2* hotels. Free local papers. No issues with smoke smells. Common area in the lobby was in use more often than I am used to with people visiting and watching a flat screen TV. Washer, dryer and laundry powder are available and work great. Location is convenient to everything with two grocery stores down the street and restaurants not far. We were there during the County Fair and it was busy, but they got us in pretty last minute and were helpful about it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FrenchieFlyer

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have stayed at the North Country Inn on two occasions. Both stays were a great experience. The rooms were very nice and clean with a wide screen flat LCD TV and great WIFI reception. The staff is very pleasant and their breakfast is great as well. I'll stay here every time I visit Roseau!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank PaulTurner57
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The North Country Inn is excellent value for money.

I have traveled around the U.S. and overseas and have learned to deal with many "not up to reasonable expectations places to stay" and so was very pleasantly surprised by the North Country Inn.

The staff was pleasantly helpful and the room was quite excellent. And, the location is conveniently located as well.

I highly recommend the North Country Inn.

Devin Hastings
President, MN Institute of Advanced Communication Skills

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DevinHastings
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed there for a wedding so the hotel was packed. We couldn't really hear hallway noise and the room was really big, surprisingly big for 2 queen sized beds. The breakfast was good and sometimes they had cookies in the afternoon. There was coffee and juice available during the day. We had a fridge in our room and accidentally forgot a full flask in there when we left. On the road back home, we realized that and called the hotel. The lady went back to the room and checked the fridge and it was there. She cleaned it out and mailed it the next day back to our house. She was super nice about it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank etothewolf
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed at the North Country Inn on our way home from a Minnesota roadtrip. We partially based our choice of accommodation in Roseau on the other reviews on this website. However, although the hotel was OK, it definitely didn't live up to a rating of five points as given by a number of the other reviewers.

For us, things didn't start off well. The room had a bit of a musty smell...almost as if it had recently had some smokers in it (despite it being a non-smoking room). It wasn't an overpowering smell...just enough to notice. Then we saw that our "swing bar" door lock was falling off the wall/door frame. Not only was the lock missing two of three screws but the one remaining screw was extremely loose. I went to the front desk to get a screw driver, which the clerk provided me...(as opposed to calling a maintenance person to come fix the lock). In her defense, it appeared that she was working alone that evening...half the town was at the county fair just down the road.

Overall, the North Country Inn is showing some signs of age and a lack of a vigorous maintenance program...gashes & marks on walls, furniture, porcelain...numerous weeds sprouting throughout the parking lot, etc. (However, the hotel is more visually appealing from the outside than the Roseau Motel & Diner next door).

Despite the above, we don't mean to make this review too much of a downer. There are definitely some positives to the place. They are:

1. Despite the signs of aging, the hotel is clean. Sheets, towels, etc were all top-notch.
2. The continental breakfast was better than we would've expected. Eggs, yogourt and fruit salad made it more than just a carb-heavy affair.
3. The bed was comfy.
4. The price was right...a good value.

We can't comment on the pool (because we didn't use it) other than to say that it isn't overly large. However, the kids we saw using it were having fun.

A great hotel? No....just a decent one-night's sleep on the way home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheFamilyPLAR
Reviewed March 28, 2009

My mother and I stayed here for two nights in March 2009. We had a ground floor room with two queen size beds. The room was large with plenty of windows and a large bathroom. The bed linens were worn but clean. This hotel was not bad at all for such a small town. Mom and I slept very well there, no complaints. And the employees were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed July 11, 2008

The North Country Inn was a delightful experience. I've tried all the hotels in Roseau, MN and this property is by far the best! The room was lovely and the service was amazing. Every aspect of the hotel was clean and well-maintained. The owners are on-site and gracious, making each gueast feel special. My grandson loved the pool, the temperature and cleanliness were great. I will never stay anywhere else when I am In Roseau. I give North Country Inn and Suites two thumbs up, way up!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lorrimay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseau
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Roseau
No photo provided
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mora
Super 8 Warroad
Super 8 Warroad
#3 of 4 in Warroad

Been to North Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!