“Home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Roseau
Crane Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are Roseauites, but have moved away. We still have family here, so we come back often. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. I know the owners and a lot of the staff. They are all wonderful people and make the whole experience "perfect". I don't even need to worry about occasional "issues" because I am 100% certain that all will be made well. I have complete faith and trust in these great people. They truly care about others. I knew this of them before, and that hasn't changed! Roseau is an awesome town, I love it there, love coming back to visit, and love staying at the modern, clean, friendly AmericInn!

Room Tip: All rooms face either west or east. Enjoy the sunsets or the sunrises- BOTH are amazing! Darrin told...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The folks at the front desk could not have been any nicer. Went out of their way to make you feel welcome and appreciated. My only complaint was with my housekeeper and my bed frame. The double queen bed in my room had a box spring that would move and slide easily. One night I walked around the corner of the bed and the box spring had slid off the frame and I tripped over the extended part of the bed frame. I could not see it as it was hidden under the bed covers. I got the mattress and box spring back into proper position and did report it to the front desk. While down on my knees fixing the box spring and frame, I found a rolled up dirty blue sock that was not mine that had been lounging under the end of the bed for who knows how long.

The housekeeping was hit and miss with vacuuming and replacing my coffee and washing the pot out. Several days my room was clean and neat and all was in order A couple of other days I only think my trash was emptied and the bed made. It may have been different housekeepers. Other than those two issues my stay was fairly pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Erskine, MN
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stay 1-2 times every month. It is always a nice hotel who treat you very well. Good breakfast and new tvs in most rooms. i never did have a problem with smokiness, but now they are entirely smoke free. Thanks for making the stay friendly and nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Central Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Started out in the room given us, we'd reserved a non-smoking room, but it was smokey. Traded to another "non-smoking" room downstairs, but it turned out to be smokey and musty as well resulting in a poor night's sleep. Next morning they moved us to a very nice non-smoking room. They were very nearly booked up and really tried to make us happy. They succeeded. Although we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, it was quite nice with micowave, small fridge, and flat screen TV...a spa tub also in the room. We got a good rate on Expedia. The smoking in the hotel is an issue for us. As soon as you walk into the lobby the smoke hits you. Our room in the back end of the hotel upstairs did not have any smoke smell. They have an indoor pool and hot tub, Welcoming common area in the lobby with a free breakfast in that same space. Wi-fi is free also. Location is convenient to Roseau and I used the road behind to walk in the morning...go west and walk the country road...not much traffic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
dsmedsmo, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Roseau, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
The great news is the Roseau AmericInn is now SMOKE FREE!!!
Sauk Rapids, MN
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stay at the AmericInn a couple of times a year and I am impressed by its consisten quality and service. The front desk staff are always friendly, always there, and add a nice personal touch to the service. The rooms and facilties are usually immaculate and well-furnished. The occasional shortcomings are more than overcome by the quality staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseau
North Country Inn & Suites
No photo provided
Super 8 Warroad
Super 8 Warroad
#4 of 4 in Warroad

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Roseau? Share your experiences!