“Good mole!”

Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Rogers
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in Monticello for an event and were heading home and noted the restaurant signs along I-94, so we thought we'd try it. Glad we did. It was pretty darn good. The atmosphere was O.K.- generally large and open with what looked like a semi-private party area to the rear. The bar area looked kind of festive. Service was attentive, and we got our meals quickly. The margaritas were good and the food was hot and tasty. My husband had fajitas, our son a combo meal, and I had the mole enchiladas, which I enjoyed. We'd return if we were in the area. There's not much else in Rogers, as far as I can tell.

1  Thank minniegirl01

Reviewed March 12, 2013

So, I've been to this restaurant about 12 to 20 times in an 8 year span. Save this last time, it seems the last few times were not quite as good as normal, but still good enough. This last time I went it was so bad, I vowed to never return.

I came in, my heart set on a bean tostada. I ordered one. The plate was delivered to my table and all i could see was an oval plate covered in shredded lettuce. Under all that lettuce was a tostada with a small smear of beans, runny beans. I pushed aside the extra lettuce and tried to pick up my tostada, but it just warped and nearly ripped because it was so soggy in the middle. So i started to break it apart with my fork and eat it. Already not happy with the mess, I soon realized that there were beans below the tostada too, odd. And then, for taste, it was just blah. I decided no way was i going to eat this. So I flagged down a waitress (not mine, because my waiter was no where this whole time). I let her know I needed a manager and I saw her go tell him right away. He turned to see me, and then went back to his table, and ignored me. Giving him some time (3-5 minutes) I tried to wait patient. Still he did not come. Finally, she saw me and checked to see if he had come over (and no he had not), so she went to get him again. (and still no sign of my water) So he finally comes and was not to interested in the ordeal, and even tried to tell me that tostadas are meant to be soggy and eaten with a fork, with beans smeared on both sides. I started to argue and then gave up and just said i'm not eating this nor paying for it. He agreed to take it off the bill. Then he left. I assumed, and waited, for him to return. 5 minutes later I'm still waiting. So I got up and walked out. This was by far the worst food I have had. I have never refused food, nor walked out of a place. And now, I'm never going back.

2  Thank Lynette L
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food and value here are great! The food is authentic and full of flavor.... needs to be more spicy though.... but I guess they are located in Rogers, MN ;)

Highly recommend the chimichangas! Very filling! Lots of sauce and cheese!

Margaritas are darn good as well! Strong and a good value! :)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Guadalajara's is one of the more underrated restaurants in Rogers. The food is always good. It comes quickly, it's flavorful and hot, and it is reasonably priced. There's generally not much of a wait, if there's any wait at all to be seated. Service is friendly and always on top of their job: you'll never find your drink running out before being refilled.

If I have one complaint, it's that the various sauces aren't distinguished enough from one to the next. They are good, but there's not a great deal of flavor change.

The Burrito Mandanaro (I think that's the right spelling) is one of the items I've ordered and it's always good. I also like the Sabrosos Tacos with both beef and chorizo. These are absolutely great and I haven't found anything like them elsewhere.

Guadalajara is also a great family restaurant. While it does have a bar, it doesn't have a "bar scene", so kids will feel at home here.

I really like Guadalajara. Good Food (lunch buffet, too), good service and good prices. If in Rogers, give them a try.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here with our hockey group. They had good food, but the service could have been better. The waiter said he couldn't separate the bills for habit the table next to us had split it eight ways. He was quick to bring drinks, but convieniently "forgot" the water we had asked for. Not impressed with the wait staff at all.