“Hotel was Overbooked” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rogers
Mankato, MN
“Hotel was Overbooked”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I reserved a room a month ago with 2 queen beds in a block for a dance competition. First of all I understand check-in is at 3:00, and was denied early check-in at 2:30. As my schedule didn't allow me to check-in at 3:00, I left my name and said I would be back later. Upon returning at 9:00pm, I was told the hotel was overbooked, and I either had to take a king room with two girls and myself or choose a different hotel, but they were all booked too. We are premier rewards members and were not given any discount or extra points for our troubles. The king room was not a suite, very small, and had hair in the shower when we arrived. With luggage needed for the dancers, a small roll away, and chair in the room, walking space was limited. Our carbon monoxide detector went off at 1:00am as well. Not a good experience at all, although the breakfast staff was very nice!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy O
TravelerF2014, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I'm very sorry that the front desk staff was not at their best during your stay. We never want our guests to get the wrong rooms or information. We send our apologies. Management has reviewed this comment and met with staff to make sure they are at the desk and ready to accommodate guests needs at all times. We hope to see you back soon and allow us to show we have taken this response seriously. We appreciate your feedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Although we only stayed one night we will definitely be back to the HI Express in Rogers. Nice large rooms, wonderful beds and very clean. Wifi worked very well in the room.

Pool area was very nice, great for smaller kids but too much chlorine (kids got a rash but this is not the first time from a hotel pool. Large hot tub and even a water volleyball net so it was fun for our whole family.

Breakfast was very good with pancakes which the kids really like as well as other hot items, and healthy options too.

Location was very good - next door to movie theatre, close to restaurants, Target and Kohls and less than 10 minutes from Albertville.

Staff were also excellent - helpful, courteous and friendly!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TravelerF2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review. We always appreciate our guest's feed back. We hope you come back.
Leah Sturm
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a clean, well run place --- but double check directions to it as it shares a street address with a subdivision home! Went the extra mile to give great service to me when I needed it most, which I greatly appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelerF2014, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for the positive review! We apologize for the inconvenience of the directions and are trying our hardest to fix it!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed 5 warm nights at the Holiday Inn Experss in Rogers during an icy cold business trip. After a very long trip we arrived at the Hotel, only to find a note at the front desk asking us to dial 0 in order to receive the rooms. And the same was during all of our stay: this hotel is running by a multi talent employees. They srevsas as front desk and some any other duties at the same time, but it doesn't harm the service standards. The room was super clean and warm, the breakfast area was shining and there was alot to choose from, for eating or drinking. They use an automatoc pancake machine, you have only yo push a button and after few seconds you will find 2 hot fresh pancakes on a plate. I did not use the inside hot tub or gym, but they looks great. If you combine the price, service and location, there is nothing to look somewhere else when you are in this area. It is located just of the I94, and close to the Hampton Inn Hotel. If you want to o to the Premium Outlet, it is about 15minuts away. If i will have to be there again, but not in the winter i hope, i will book this Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here one night. Our room was clean and updated. The only thing that was disappointing was the hot tub was closed for cleaning. They have a really nice pool area for the kids. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

When I left south south south Texas it was 80 degrees and when we touched down in Minneapolis it was -22 , so we were looking forward to a nice warm room. Fortunately, that is what we found. The room was clean and the check in went flawless. The breakfast was the usual. This was a nice hotel to stop at when you get off a late flight and are headed to northern minnesota the next day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

From the time I got on the phone with Maryann at the Holiday Inn Express - I knew my wife and I were going to be in good hands. Our GPS lead us into a residential area and after trying to navigate a strange city in the dark, we called hoping for guidance. A very polite and chipper girl answered on the first ring and sounded genuinely happy to help guide us in the right direction. After sticking it out on the phone with us while we got back on track, her directions had us there in no time. Our check-in process was super as she greeted us with a friendly welcome happy that we finally made it. Our check-in was prompt, very simple and she actually greeted us as the Platinum member's that we were. I know it's sounds very title-minded, but it takes a lot to get to this status so it's greatly appreciated when it's acknowledged. With a thorough explanation in a courtesy manner about the hotel and amenities, we were on our way. However, one thing she did that really left the impression was the extra added touch she did to really set our stay on the right foot. Having gathered up enough detail from my wife and her chit chatting as I filled out the paper work, she handed my wife a coupon for the outlet malls up the road which was what our purpose for being up here. Such a little thing was such a treat.

Our room was on the 4th floor, an even numbered room facing out to the north. Spacious, incredibly clean and quiet. It was delightful. Our breakfast in the morning was delicious for an unexpected treat they even serve hot foods and have a pancake maker. Their oversized spa was a nice added treat for the bitterly cold evening. We had the pleasure of getting to speak to the sales lady Leah who was working front desk the mornings we headed out shopping - she asked us how our trip went after we arrived back. Upon check-out we had Maryann again and from check-in to check-out she was excellent. We had left an item in the room and the gal that seemed in charge of housekeeping was prompt and especially courteous.

Though it is a lot like any other Holiday Inn Express, the staff here have made this a definite standout among the competition. Great stay, will rec!!

Room Tip: Odd numbers overlook the parking lot. Make sure to ask if it's a shower or a tub room as it'...